The Best Thing - Chart Performance - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Peeling off those Dollar Bills
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2017, 02:00 AM   #61
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:49 PM
I don't understand this thread.

Everyone posting here seems to have serious insecurity issues as evidenced by all this worrying about how this new single performs. Who gives a shit if it can't outsell Taylor Swift. If that's your barometer, you may want to re-evaluate how you assess your happiness.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post

Everyone posting here seems to have serious insecurity issues as evidenced by all this worrying about how this new single performs. Who gives a shit if it can't outsell Taylor Swift. If that's your barometer, you may want to re-evaluate how you assess your happiness.

Or, you know, it is people just discussing how it is going and you assuming it is to do with some insecurity is your issue?

Seriously, what the fuck even was this post?

Old 09-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #63
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Who gives a shit if it can't outsell Taylor Swift. If that's your barometer
While I would never bother with a comparison, we are in a forum about chart success and she is the pinnacle of chart success. I don't think anyone here is expecting them to perform as well or anywhere close to her but rather to provide context to the performance, or lack there of, of TBT. Can you really not understand how another artists chart performance isn't related to a thread specifically about chart performance?

Quote:
you may want to re-evaluate how you assess your happiness.
I haven't read a single post of anyone saying that their happiness is directly or indirectly linked to how TBT performs vs Taylor Swift.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #64
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Or, you know, it is people just discussing how it is going and you assuming it is to do with some insecurity is your issue?

There is always one. You can be in a forum about red hats and someone will come in and say "who cares about red hats". It's as if the concept of how forums and sub forums work are lost on them.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #65
War Child

Meanwhile, decent gains today on both triple A and alternative and it also charts in the top 50 now on Hot AC as well
Old 09-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:

Old 09-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
There is always one. You can be in a forum about red hats and someone will come in and say "who cares about red hats". It's as if the concept of how forums and sub forums work are lost on them.
I was at the red hat forum recently and I posted a story about the cat in the hat, and people went ballistic,
Old 09-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #68
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post

the way a lot of people seem to worry about chart positions and sales. Who cares.

or do you feel the music sounds better if you are comforted by knowing so many others have also bought/streamed the songs?

that is what the fuck the post was.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #69
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Huh.. I think you've either formed a completely skewed impression of the point of this thread or you're trolling. Can't tell which right now..

I don't think anyone here is "worried" about positions and sales. Some of us enjoy seeing metrics progress over time on how the band's new material is performing. It's helpful and interesting compare it to other top-performing artists like Taylor Swift for context.

If you're not interested in the Best Thing's chart performance, that's fine! Just don't judge and question others who are (especially in a separate thread dedicated to something you clearly don't care about).
Old 09-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #70
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB216 View Post
Huh.. I think you've either formed a completely skewed impression of the point of this thread or you're trolling. Can't tell which right now..

I don't think anyone here is "worried" about positions and sales. Some of us enjoy seeing metrics progress over time on how the band's new material is performing. It's helpful and interesting compare it to other top-performing artists like Taylor Swift for context.

If you're not interested in the Best Thing's chart performance, that's fine! Just don't judge and question others who are (especially in a separate thread dedicated to something you clearly don't care about).
fair. I wasn't trolling. apologies if it came across that way. in hindsight, I was more snarky than I should have been.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #71
War Child

What about the UK singles charts?

All these weird charts that I don't follow nor understand lol. I like to compare all of U2's singles from the singles chart, because it's the main one that's been around for all time U2 have been releasing stuff. But no-one's mentioning it.... do people not care about the singles chart anymore? Genuine question.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What I don't get is that U2 spends years in the studio trying to get the HIT song they so want. When they are finally ready to release the music.....they do this? Very little promotion. They just finally played the song live last night in Indy.

They still haven't even announced the album's release date. Rumor has it that they will wait until October to do so, so does that mean the next song will come out then? Cause I can't see TBT rising up the charts without something to help. Promo appearances, TV commercials, Youtube videos....

Was TBT just a throwaway song to get U2 back into the news for the next week or two while the tour finishes up?

I guess my long winded point is, they spend years grinding so hard to make music that will be heard, and once that effort is done, they have very peculiar means of advertising their work.

Guess we'll see what happens this week for additional promotion of the song, or if it dies pretty quick.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #73
Refugee

https://twitter.com/officialcharts/s...30415245045760

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6981.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	11460
Old 09-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #74
The Fly

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Is this not the midweek update? Not the final chart.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #75
War Child

So will these nerds finally be satisfied? This is as big of a hit as they're going to get.