The Best Thing - Chart Performance - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Peeling off those Dollar Bills
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #496
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Unfortunately not likely at all. They would need to add some more pop stations and rise even higher on hotAC, while holding steady on other formats, and that just isn't happening.
Also, relatively low numbers for youtube and streaming, compared to younger pop artists, really hinder their chances at nearing the top 100
While the talk about the charting on the more minor charts is interesting, not making the HOT 100 is generally seen as a failure, or at least it was in the 1980s. Still, I wonder if they might make it to even #25 or #20 on the Bubbling Under Chart. That would give you a better Idea of how close they were to making the HOT 100.
__________________

__________________
visocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #497
Refugee
 
kiwilad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Malmsbury Villa
Posts: 1,105
Local Time: 10:27 AM
There's been a lot of talk on this thread about the long ride Beautiful Day had before it really made an impact on the charts.
Does anyone know if BD dropped back after an initial rise before climbing higher later on?

I know Best Thing is not Beautiful Day. But context and circumstance can do a lot for people's appreciation of music. I guess I'm wondering if there's any precedent that may suggest Best Thing has a chance yet.

Though I assume it really doesn't.
__________________

__________________
kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #498
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
There's been a lot of talk on this thread about the long ride Beautiful Day had before it really made an impact on the charts.
Does anyone know if BD dropped back after an initial rise before climbing higher later on?

I know Best Thing is not Beautiful Day. But context and circumstance can do a lot for people's appreciation of music. I guess I'm wondering if there's any precedent that may suggest Best Thing has a chance yet.

Though I assume it really doesn't.
At this point back in 2000, Beautiful Day was at #45 on the HOT 100 and rising. It had been on the HOT 100 at that point for 8 weeks. By comparison, You're The Best Thing has not even charted on the HOT 100 yet or even on the bubbling under HOT 100 chart.
__________________
visocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #499
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 115
Local Time: 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=kiwilad;8218003]There's been a lot of talk on this thread about the long ride Beautiful Day had before it really made an impact on the charts.QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe too much talk. This song is NOT Beautiful Day, this song is You're the Best Thing About Me.
__________________
Haywa1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #500
Refugee
 
beLIEve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,063
Local Time: 04:27 PM
FWIW, TBT is still on the Euro 200 chart this week, giving up six spots to come in at #81 from #75 last week. Now, it debuted at #24 some 10 weeks ago, and after 4 weeks it was off the chart. It has returned and seems to have found enough of a foothold in Europe to stabilize.

On Adult Alternative, or AAA, the song has peaked at #1. It seems to come and go on the AC top 50 but not really take off...while on Adult Pop (HAC) it's holding at #18. U2 songs have had an early peak before...then a decline...only to rise again as album release approaches.

I did listen the the SXM countdown again, and TBT came it at #3 on the Spectrum. It has been in their top 5 most requested songs for some 9 weeks now, but the station has never put it into "heavy rotation".
__________________
beLIEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #501
Refugee
 
beLIEve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,063
Local Time: 04:27 PM
TBT has enjoyed an 8 week run on the Euro Airplay only chart

European Top 44 Airplay Chart

Behind the Euro200 and Euro Airlplay charts are individual charts for each country in the EU.

I just noticed that TBT is enjoying a resurgence in Europe, but check the link and you will also see Blackout, Little things that give you away, and Get out of your own way, all debuting in various countries that make up the EU. A bit odd...;unless album has leaked??

http://euro200.net/EU-nation.htm
__________________
beLIEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,958
Local Time: 09:27 PM
From what I know, Get Out has NOT been released as an official single. Definitely not in the US, but not sure about Europe. Easy to tell. If you’re in Europe, go to your iTunes and see if it’s a single that can be purchased separately, or is it just a track you can purchase off the album.
__________________
womanfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:40 AM   #503
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,887
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
From what I know, Get Out has NOT been released as an official single. Definitely not in the US, but not sure about Europe. Easy to tell. If you’re in Europe, go to your iTunes and see if it’s a single that can be purchased separately, or is it just a track you can purchase off the album.


Get out and blackout could be purchased in the uk
__________________
rennowba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #504
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
trevgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,257
Local Time: 03:27 PM
Went out on two road trips last week for some shows. Heard The Best Thing played at least three times on terrestrial radio, likely on Hot AC stations.
__________________
trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,958
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Get out and blackout could be purchased in the uk
They can be purchased in the US as well. But you purchase them off the album track listing.
TBT has its own page, as an official single, that you can go to and download it.
Also, Get Out cuts off mid Kendrick speech. They would never do that on an official single. It would be edited for radio to end appropriately.

Not sure if that is the same or different in UK. I would think the same, because we haven't gotten a radio edit of Get Out.
__________________
womanfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #506
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 115
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
They can be purchased in the US as well. But you purchase them off the album track listing.
TBT has its own page, as an official single, that you can go to and download it.
Also, Get Out cuts off mid Kendrick speech. They would never do that on an official single. It would be edited for radio to end appropriately.

Not sure if that is the same or different in UK. I would think the same, because we haven't gotten a radio edit of Get Out.
Just a quick note: today spins on AAA went up 10, alight decline of 7 on HAC, although because of other songs falling faster it is up to #18 on HAC and looks like it may move up one or two places in the next few days. Interestingly, the song reappeared again on Active Rock! On the Overall AI chart, it's back up to 141. Maybe the song isn't dead yet? I'm hoping. Also hoping against hope that it shows up on AC again and pushed it toward the top 100.
__________________
Haywa1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #507
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Radio update today is similar to last few days really, dropping on Alternative, and spinning its wheels on Triple A and Hot AC. Does make a re-appearance on Active Rock though, back in the top 50, and still getting over 0.5m AI there. Hits a peak on AI overall on the back of that.
__________________
macawaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #508
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywa1979 View Post
Just a quick note: today spins on AAA went up 10, alight decline of 7 on HAC, although because of other songs falling faster it is up to #18 on HAC and looks like it may move up one or two places in the next few days. Interestingly, the song reappeared again on Active Rock! On the Overall AI chart, it's back up to 141. Maybe the song isn't dead yet? I'm hoping. Also hoping against hope that it shows up on AC again and pushed it toward the top 100.
Sorry, Haywa, you beat me to it!
__________________
macawaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #509
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,887
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
They can be purchased in the US as well. But you purchase them off the album track listing.

TBT has its own page, as an official single, that you can go to and download it.

Also, Get Out cuts off mid Kendrick speech. They would never do that on an official single. It would be edited for radio to end appropriately.



Not sure if that is the same or different in UK. I would think the same, because we haven't gotten a radio edit of Get Out.


Yeah I think your right. The Kendrick part is on get out here aswell. Like you say it doesn't have its only single page.

I'm hearing get out a lot on the usual radio channels in the uk though. Sounds good on the radio
__________________
rennowba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #510
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,958
Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Yeah I think your right. The Kendrick part is on get out here aswell. Like you say it doesn't have its only single page.

I'm hearing get out a lot on the usual radio channels in the uk though. Sounds good on the radio
That's cool that it is on the radio there. It does seem like U2 just giving the UK some attention lately, that radio is actually playing a non official single. That's pretty impressive. That sort of thing doesn't really happen in the US.
__________________

__________________
womanfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com