Songs of Experience - Let The Chart Speculation Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't believe there hasn't been another song at least released to radio.

Was get out ever a official single?

They really need to get 'Red Flag Day' out for the Spring. Song goes well with the weather and is a quick punchy song for promo.

But...they won't

I've been hearing GOOYOW on Sirius a lot lately. Spectrum and The Pulse. I have to say that for all the crap it gets here, it is a pleasant surprise when I hear it coming through the radio.

Heard it on The Pulse as well. Great to hear them playing it.

Can someone help explain this site to me? I look at it weekly and it lists GOOYOW as #2 on Triple A. It also lists all the stations that are playing the song. There are some numbers at the top though which I do not understand. But those numbers did not appear there before, further suggesting the song is gaining a bigger audience.

u2-get-out-of-your-own-way-3/

SOE has been certified Gold in Austria (7,500).

Yes, I am trawling the Netz looking for the medal count!

So, up a bit from the past couple of weeks.

Also, SOE is back on the Billboard 200 at #140.

I am also hearing more of GOOYOW on the radio (Sirius - multiple stations). That additional exposure, which is surprisingly more than YTBT, is most likely responsible for this bump in album sales. The power of at least a mild hit single!

I am also hearing more of GOOYOW on the radio (Sirius - multiple stations). That additional exposure, which is surprisingly more than YTBT, is most likely responsible for this bump in album sales. The power of at least a mild hit single!

Is this radio exposure being reflected in other charts? I've been somewhat skeptical of using radio as a sign of success since the goal is to drive interest that hasn't seemed to materialize. No single has charted on the Hot 100, for example.

Sorry to be negative, but just trying to square the lack of chart success with the apparent uptick in airplay

I've been trying to find information on Gold albums and how the number of Gold albums has changed over the years. Haven't found any figures so far, but did find this statement in a 2014 Rolling Stone article about how the requirements for Gold/Platinum album certification have been changed to include streaming.

"Ten years ago, 90 percent of the albums on Billboard's Top 200 sold enough copies to go gold or platinum; in 2014, just 30 percent of them did the same. Billboard updated its charts to include streaming data in 2014."

So I think that means that even with streaming included, the number of albums hitting Gold or Platinum status is way down.

'Songs Of Experience' by U2 13,000 / 1,157,000

Amazing how consistent it has been selling. Likely has something to do with ticket sales bundles too but 1.1 million with no hit single from the album is solid.

If they can get a hit single (SOL, LIBTAIIW or LIttle Things), then the album can actually see solid results overall.

Amazing how consistent it has been selling. Likely has something to do with ticket sales bundles too but 1.1 million with no hit single from the album is solid.

If they can get a hit single (SOL, LIBTAIIW or LIttle Things), then the album can actually see solid results overall.

Red Flag Day!

I wasn't "huge" on this song initially but I agree now that it absolutely could be a single.

Over on another forum they did "Survivor" for SOE and Little Things was voted best song, with Red Flag Day coming in as runner-up. Whereas I can't see Little Things as a single because the build up is so slow, I think Red Flag Day would be great.

Back
Top Bottom