Song For Someone - Radio Play - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Peeling off those Dollar Bills
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #91
New Yorker
 
CosmoKramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,632
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macawaca View Post
Hi Cosmo, I should also say that the peak spins I was quoting from kworb are the total of the peaks of each individual format, where the peaks may have occurred at different times. A prime example is that of SFS where the peak for AAA occurred a couple of weeks before it started moving on HAC. This would explain the difference between those figures and yours presumably.

Thanks, that makes sense why islets off from my tracking a little. I track the peak at any given day.

In the end, they aren't too far off.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
CosmoKramer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #92
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Update for 18th September:

SFS adds another 17 spins to rise to 1,122 spins total on HAC, with 6.073m AI, remains at No.24

On AC it again adds another 27 spins taking it to 178 spins total with 0.559m AI and it moves up one spot to a high of No.27. So it continues to gather momentum on AC.

On AAA it drops another 7 spins to 119 spins in total and drops 3 places to No. 38.
__________________

__________________
macawaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #93
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Update for 19th September:

SFS adds another 19 spins to rise to 1,141 spins total on HAC, with 6.283m AI, remains at No.24

On AC it again adds another 27 spins taking it to 205 spins total with 0.589m AI and it moves up one spot to a high of No.26. If it continues to add spins at that rate it has a good chance of moving up 3 spots over the next day or two.

On AAA it drops another 1 spin to 118 spins in total and drops 1 places to No. 39.
__________________
macawaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,947
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macawaca View Post
Update for 19th September:

SFS adds another 19 spins to rise to 1,141 spins total on HAC, with 6.283m AI, remains at No.24

On AC it again adds another 27 spins taking it to 205 spins total with 0.589m AI and it moves up one spot to a high of No.26. If it continues to add spins at that rate it has a good chance of moving up 3 spots over the next day or two.

On AAA it drops another 1 spin to 118 spins in total and drops 1 places to No. 39.
just heard it on my local station in Tampa for the first time. I think it's a AAA format, not really sure. Ryan Seacrest hosts a show in the afternoon and it was on during that time. cool to hear on the radio
__________________
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:31 AM   #95
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 03:41 PM
There were some small adds for SFS yesterday, and then today's as follows:

Update for 21st September:

SFS adds another 20 spins to rise to 1,170 spins total on HAC, with 6.678m AI, and moves up 2 spots to a new high of No.22

On AC it adds another 25 spins taking it to 241 spins total with 0.630m AI and it moves up 3 places to a new high of No.22. It seems to have pretty low AI relative to spin totals compared to the songs just above and below it? Not sure if AI catches up with spins at some point or if they are total uncorrelated depending on stations/markets, etc? Perhaps Cosmo or someone has some idea of how this works?

On AAA it seems to have been taken out the back and shot as it has fallen off the chart completely! (Well the top 50 anyway)
__________________
macawaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #96
New Yorker
 
CosmoKramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,632
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macawaca View Post

It seems to have pretty low AI relative to spin totals compared to the songs just above and below it? Not sure if AI catches up with spins at some point or if they are total uncorrelated depending on stations/markets, etc? Perhaps Cosmo or someone has some idea of how this works?

So spins and AI are linked but not directly. It all depends on 2 things:

1)The station- if a small station with low ratings is playing it 500 times a week, it won't have the same number of AI as say if Z100(NYCs biggest station, or 2nd biggest) played the song 100 times (or even 50)

2) when it is played. If Z100 plays it at 5pm during their peak listenership(I'm guessing that's the peak time) it have have 1 million AI for that one listen. However, if they play it at 6am, it might have 100k AI.

So it matters who plays it and when.



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
CosmoKramer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #97
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
So spins and AI are linked but not directly. It all depends on 2 things:

1)The station- if a small station with low ratings is playing it 500 times a week, it won't have the same number of AI as say if Z100(NYCs biggest station, or 2nd biggest) played the song 100 times (or even 50)

2) when it is played. If Z100 plays it at 5pm during their peak listenership(I'm guessing that's the peak time) it have have 1 million AI for that one listen. However, if they play it at 6am, it might have 100k AI.

So it matters who plays it and when.



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Thanks Cosmo
__________________
macawaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #98
War Child
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 563
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macawaca View Post
There were some small adds for SFS yesterday, and then today's as follows:

Update for 21st September:

SFS adds another 20 spins to rise to 1,170 spins total on HAC, with 6.678m AI, and moves up 2 spots to a new high of No.22

On AC it adds another 25 spins taking it to 241 spins total with 0.630m AI and it moves up 3 places to a new high of No.22. It seems to have pretty low AI relative to spin totals compared to the songs just above and below it? Not sure if AI catches up with spins at some point or if they are total uncorrelated depending on stations/markets, etc? Perhaps Cosmo or someone has some idea of how this works?

On AAA it seems to have been taken out the back and shot as it has fallen off the chart completely! (Well the top 50 anyway)
Seeing this song continuing to rise on HOT AC has been fun to watch. It's certainly now their biggest success in this very important format since 2005. Will be interesting to see how much further the song can go.
__________________
U2freakboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:53 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,422
Local Time: 09:41 AM
For what it's worth, the song was #3 on yesterday's New Orleans-based radio station (which is a pretty big one here in ol' Louisiana).

Sent from my SCH-I435 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________
Catman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #100
War Child
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 563
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
For what it's worth, the song was #3 on yesterday's New Orleans-based radio station (which is a pretty big one here in ol' Louisiana).

Sent from my SCH-I435 using U2 Interference mobile app
Interesting! And today it's up to #21 on the Hot AC chart. A new peak.
__________________
U2freakboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #101
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 03:41 PM
23rd Sept, no movement in spins today on either HAC or AC. Fell to number 23 on HAC but that was always expected as the 2 below it were big gainers of late.
__________________
macawaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #102
Refugee
 
beLIEve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,063
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Here are the weekly mediabase charts that are used by BB. Usually updated late Tuesday or early Wed during each week.

HAC: AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 9 . 2 2 . 1 5 -- powered by MEDIABASE

AC: AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 9 . 2 2 . 1 5 -- powered by MEDIABASE

Rock: AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 9 . 2 2 . 1 5 -- powered by MEDIABASE

Miracle might finally fall out of Rock Top 50, after climbing to 40 last week

And for the Oct 3 version of Billboard, here is where SFS will be on those charts:

Adult Pop Songs
TW LW
21 26
Song For Someone
U2
Songs of Innocence
October 3, 2015

Adult Contemporary
TW LW
23 23
Song For Someone
U2
Songs of Innocence
October 3, 2015
__________________
beLIEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #103
Refugee
 
beLIEve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,063
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Here are the weekly mediabase charts that are used by BB. Usually updated late Tuesday or early Wed during each week.

HAC: AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 9 . 2 2 . 1 5 -- powered by MEDIABASE

AC: AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 9 . 2 2 . 1 5 -- powered by MEDIABASE

Rock: AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 9 . 2 2 . 1 5 -- powered by MEDIABASE

Miracle might finally fall out of Rock Top 50, after climbing to 40 last week

And for the Oct 3 version of Billboard, here is where SFS will be on those charts:

Adult Pop Songs
TW LW
21 26
Song For Someone
U2
Songs of Innocence
October 3, 2015

Adult Contemporary
TW LW
23 23
Song For Someone
U2
Songs of Innocence
October 3, 2015
__________________
beLIEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #104
Refugee
 
beLIEve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,063
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Sorry for the double post, but also on Billboard Oct 3 edition:

Hot Rock Songs
TW LW
43 44
Song For Someone
U2
Songs of Innocence
October 3, 2015
__________________
beLIEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #105
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 758
Local Time: 03:41 PM
Thanks BeLIEve. How do you think SFS is doing presently, with respect to recent U2 singles, and do you think it has more legs in it yet?
__________________

__________________
macawaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com