SOI in the charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the way the uk press are reporting the low sales but fail to mention how many the others sold

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well that article quoted above is hilarious. I agree it is U2's "fault" that it didn't sell a ton. They did give it away for free. So it seems that some people think that they should still be able to sell something to someone who already has it. :/
And it shows their complete lack of knowledge when it brings up the digital sales of the album. Yeah, its not for sale on iTunes you fools!! The lazy "journalist" syndrome is strong.

Crazily - NME, U2's arch enemy, had a post on Facebook saying U2 sells lots of albums even after giving it away for free...

I was shocked.

News 3 days ago that U2 sold at least 20000 records in the first week in the Netherlands. Earning a golden record status for it.
No exact numbers found so far.

War and U218 sales increased and are charting again. This is so much fun to watch.

Hits Daily Double shows SOI at #11 for it's 1st week with 23,174 albums sold in the U.S.

News 3 days ago that U2 sold at least 20000 records in the first week in the Netherlands. Earning a golden record status for it.
No exact numbers found so far.

War and U218 sales increased and are charting again. This is so much fun to watch.

Certifications are based on the amount shipped to stores, not the amount sold over the counter. Still, it sounds like there is a lot of demand there...

Doing great in France. In it's second week it stays at number 1 and sells another 29,000 copies, total just over 50,000 from a week and a half.

Certifications are based on the amount shipped to stores, not the amount sold over the counter. Still, it sounds like there is a lot of demand there...

Thanks for clearing that up, never knew.
The news articles all clearly state at least 20,000 went over the counter.

Thanks for clearing that up, never knew.
The news articles all clearly state at least 20,000 went over the counter.

U2 already have a gold album in France and Netherlands, most likely in Croatia, Portugal and Spain.

Now they only need to sell 476,875 more copies to go gold in the US!! :huh:

U2 - Songs Of Innocence

Croatia: 1
France: 1-1
Netherlands: 1
Czech: 1
Spain: 1
Portugal: 1
Austria: 2
Singapore: 2
Sweden: 2
Ireland: 2
Greece: 2
Germany: 2
Switzerland: 3
UK: 6
Australia: 7
Estonia: 7
USA: 9
Finland: 10
Taiwan [Int.]: 12
Argentina: 14
Japan: 17

Opened #1 in 6 countries.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ah, OK. My bad. I don't have iTunes, so I thought only the regular version would be on sale now.

It would have made sense to put it straight on sale on iTunes following the free giveaway period rather than remove it altogether for a month. At least they would have had some more digital sales and raised the album maybe a couple of placed up the charts.

It would have made sense to put it straight on sale on iTunes following the free giveaway period rather than remove it altogether for a month. At least they would have had some more digital sales and raised the album maybe a couple of placed up the charts.

I agree completely. I just don't understand that deal. It really shot them in the foot by being off of the worlds largest music seller for a month...

I agree completely. I just don't understand that deal. It really shot them in the foot by being off of the worlds largest music seller for a month...

Well, it didn't shoot them in the foot when they were exclusively on the world's largest music seller for 5 weeks. :)

That's the trade-off I guess.
BTW, for digital sales you can still go to Amazon.

I think U2 need to make a visit to Singapore. #2 album even though it was free and they've never played there?

I remember Popmart was supposed to go to Singapore but in the end it wasn't feasible. Now that they're doing an arena tour maybe they can hit some of those East Asian countries.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Soundscan numbers: #9 U2 SONGS OF INNOCENCE 28,122 999 439 28,821

Also interesting:
Sales this week: 28,122
Sales last week: 439 (street date violations)
Total sales the past 2 weeks: 28,561

That still leaves a gap of 260 copies. This is most likely the # of the advance vinyl pressing copies put on sale at Amoeba & Looney Tunes in late September.
:)

In Italy they already obtained the Disco D'Oro certification, that is, they sold more than 25'000 copies in its first week. Of course it has been heavily downloaded on Itunes in Italy, but we do love to have our phisical copy at home. It just makes more beautiful our cd storage case, how romantic are we huh?

Chile:

Ranking iTunes Chile

66. U218 Singles
140. The Best of 1990-2000
179. Songs of Innocence +
200. The Best of 1980-1990

:down:

Well, it's something

Chile:

Ranking iTunes Chile

66. U218 Singles
140. The Best of 1990-2000
179. Songs of Innocence +
200. The Best of 1980-1990

:down:

Well, it's something

I don't think this is correct. I would look out for an updated chart. There is NO way that SOI isn't charting above those. Is this a digital download chart or something? because Songs of Innocence + is still a pre-order on iTunes. So it shouldn't even be charting.

AAAAAAAAAHHHH

Sorry, I missed that the first time I looked at your post.

Yeah, iTunes is not selling SOI yet. So this chart will not show it, because its only iTunes.

BUT, is there another source like US has Billboard, that Chile has to chart album sales each week?
I've googled a bit without much luck.

In Italy they already obtained the Disco D'Oro certification, that is, they sold more than 25'000 copies in its first week. Of course it has been heavily downloaded on Itunes in Italy, but we do love to have our phisical copy at home. It just makes more beautiful our cd storage case, how romantic are we huh?

The European sales have been CRAZY good! Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom