SOI in the charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're so loyal to U2 :up:

No actually, this is kind of deserved I really love this album and everyone around me in Holland is positive about it too, especially he casuals and non-fans. I hope they stay up there for a while.

#2 in Ireland
>> IRMA << Irish Charts - Singles, Albums & Compilations >>

I also found that SOI
is U2‘s eighth Number One LP as it debuts at the top of the French albums chart with 21,771 copies sold in 3 days (it was released last Friday). The band’s other chart-toppers were The Joshua Tree (for 20 consecutive weeks from April to August 1987), Achtung Baby (for two weeks in March 1992), Zooropa (for one week in July 1993), Pop (for one week in March 1997), All That You Can’t Leave Behind (for one week in November 2000), How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (for one week in November 2004) and No Line On The Horizon (for one week in March 2009). The latter had opened with 63,109 CDs sold.

More info regarding french charts can be found here :
http://francemusiccharts.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/week-ending-12th-october-2014-albums-chart/

We're so loyal to U2 :up:

No actually, this is kind of deserved I really love this album and everyone around me in Holland is positive about it too, especially he casuals and non-fans. I hope they stay up there for a while.

Whats the weather like there?
(Starts packing bags and looking for place to live in the Neatherlands)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Also in France, U2 360 DVD re-enters chart at #5; U218 Singles back catalog at #55.

Debuts at #2 in Sweden's Oct 16 chart, which apparently counted it's 1st 2 days of sales.

Debuts at #1 on Dutch charts, with U218 singles rising from #100 to #33.
dutchcharts.nl - Dutch charts portal

Looks like most countries will update between October 19-21.

Sorry, cross-posting

What's absolutely crazy is the disparity between sales in Europe and the U.S. this time. I mean, almost 22k sold in FRANCE!! And that's in 3 days?? I'm going by the info in the other new thread.

I mean to think that France is outselling the entire US is just astonishing. I think the UK will have about equal numbers to the U.S. when usually they have about 1/3rd the sales.

So either their promo tour is REALLY working, or it shows the difference in buying habits and iTunes use in the different countries.

Also - just noticing that France bought nearly as many copies of SOI as NLOTH!!! 22k in 3 days, vs 69k in 7 days. Just mindboggling really. Does no one use iTunes in France???

Sorry, cross-posting

What's absolutely crazy is the disparity between sales in Europe and the U.S. this time. I mean, almost 22k sold in FRANCE!! And that's in 3 days?? I'm going by the info in the other new thread.

I mean to think that France is outselling the entire US is just astonishing. I think the UK will have about equal numbers to the U.S. when usually they have about 1/3rd the sales.

So either their promo tour is REALLY working, or it shows the difference in buying habits and iTunes use in the different countries.

Also - just noticing that France bought nearly as many copies of SOI as NLOTH!!! 22k in 3 days, vs 69k in 7 days. Just mindboggling really. Does no one use iTunes in France???

To me, this is much crazier. Hit this link and you'll see how individual songs from SOI are doing worldwide on i-tunes only. It's for the past 24 hours only. At various times this past week, 4 different songs from SOI have been the #1 PAID download from i-tunes in a 24 hour period. Just look at how many countries and songs, free to everyone who has i-tunes, have those same, free songs being paid for one at a time. That's CRAZY!

The link is to U2's performance on i-tunes. It shows the top paid downloaded songs and albums for U2. You can click on "ALBUMS" to see that all U2 albums are charting on i-tunes somewhere, or then hit "SONGS" to see the same thing. U2 is up to #4 overall as the most downloaded artist on i-tunes, steadily rising all week.

U2 Worldwide iTunes Performance

I've been looking at the iTunes charts all week. Fascinating to see how U2's doing against other artists, especially after the free stunt.

So indeed: Album charts in NL #1

But the I Tunes charts:

#22 EBW
#26 SFS
#28 California
#29 Cedarwood
#30 Raised by wolves

Honorable mention :

#95 Ordinary Love

Surprised not to see TIWYCRMN. But this is really good compared to what NLOTH was doing in Holland. That's 5 NEW tunes in the top 30 :applaud:

Debued at no 7 in Australia hard to guage how good of result it is. Overall i think its a good result as itunes customors got it for free which does not go towards sales.

So indeed: Album charts in NL #1

But the I Tunes charts:

#22 EBW
#26 SFS
#28 California
#29 Cedarwood
#30 Raised by wolves

Honorable mention :

#95 Ordinary Love

Surprised not to see TIWYCRMN. But this is really good compared to what NLOTH was doing in Holland. That's 5 NEW tunes in the top 30 :applaud:

I think these are only the acoustic versions, which went on sale the other day. That's why TIWYCRM isn't listed.

SOI Results so far:

Croatia: 1
France: 1
Netherlands: 1
Sweden: 2
Ireland: 2
Greece: 2
Australia: 7
Finland: 10
Taiwan [Int.]: 12
Argentina: 14

France had better sales than the US. Fairly Insane

nooo it's totally expected! the French LOVE U2!

(and they're not likely to be squeamish in the slightest re. the album cover either, unlike some of the reactions of US posters in here :lol: )

(and not sure the French would get their knickers in a twist about the release method either - haven't heard a thing about it here, although haven't been actively looking...)

nooo it's totally expected! the French LOVE U2!

(and they're not likely to be squeamish in the slightest re. the album cover either, unlike some of the reactions of US posters in here :lol: )

(and not sure the French would get their knickers in a twist about the release method either - haven't heard a thing about it here, although haven't been actively looking...)

I don't know if I'd call it expected. Yes they love U2, but you're talking about the US having 5 times the population of France and they may DOUBLE the sales of the U.S.

their 22k figure is only 3 days. So they may sell another 25k next week.

France, with 1/5th the population of the U.S., will most likely double the sales of SOI, in the US IN A 7 day period. :huh: :ohmy:

I bought that one double CD in Croatia :)
The album was not available on Croatian iTunes so this was to be expected

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom