second week at number 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did it beat off any big new releases in the UK? it would have had to sell a good number of copies to do that...

Soldatti said:
Sales for this week in UK: 127,982 copies.

1st week: 200,866
2nd week: 127,982
Total: 328,848

any figures regarding the other albums on the chart? (just to see if this 2nd week on the top is strong compared to the competition)

That is a really strong showing for a second week. 127k is less than a 40% drop and is still a high number. The album is officially platinum sales wise.

I'm now worried about the U.S. sales. Here is the latest news from Hits:
As the tallying of retail reports continues this morning, Jay-Z and Linkin Park’s mash-up album, Collision Course (Warner Bros.), remains on track not only to be this week’s top chart debut, with all signs pointing to sales of 350k through Sunday, but #1 overall.
With U2 likely falling off more than 60% from last week's chart-topping total of 839k for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (Interscope), the Jay-Z/Linkin Park collab seems set on a Collision Course for the #1 spot on tomorrow's chart.

So unless U2 pulls in some big numbers tomorrow, they might drop to #2.

The irony is that I've heard this collab is really horrible, and yet critics are saying U2 are "safe". Hmmm...

well.... i think the minute U2 kick start their tour... thats what its all about, will be HUGE

The irony is that I've heard this collab is really horrible, and yet critics are saying U2 are "safe". Hmmm... [/B][/QUOTE]

Doctor,you americans are free to listen to horrible music (see the first 10 places)also because this is a period you make horrible music..the problem is that you americans are exporting this horrible music to other countries like,unfortunately,Italy..and really is quite dramatic for me seeing my 8years old son singing "Uh ah uh fack you ah ah ah ih ih fuck you ha hi ha ha fuck me fuck you ah uh uh eh eh.." OMG!!!
Is almost a miracle seeing U2 still at # 2-3!!

doctorwho said:
Hey, don't lump me in with the rest of America when it comes to "horrible music". The only album I own that's in the Top 50 is U2's! LOL! I take no responsibility for the making of those albums nor their success.

C'mon! Doctor!! We know you were the first who bought the Jay-Z cd!!!I saw you in line at Best Buy and i saw you buying fifteen copies of it!! Don't be shy!!

Back
Top Bottom