sales timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball06

The Fly
I have the following on the UKMIX forums.

Please have some patience it will take some time!

Introduction

I believe it will be very useful to have in just one thread all the data, either available to the public or shared by members in this forum, regarding the sales of all and each album that globally achieved sales of 20 million or higher and of all the albums that we believe are very close to that figure.

I propose two goals:
The first one will be to build the most complete sales database possible.
The second goal is to build a ordered list of the best-selling albums ever in the world.
In this list, more important than to show the exact sales of each album will be to discover (or calculate) the saleswise position of each album in that list (did a particular album sold less than the album above it and more than the album below it?). Get the ideia? Obviously we will try to estimate a figure for the sales of each album but its position will be the most important.

This specific thread will deal with sales in the range 20 million or higher (including also albums with sales very close to 20 million).
I pretend also to open in the very near future another thread for albums with 15 million or higher sales but not close to 20 million and maybe a third one for all the albums above 10 million but less than 15 million.

The help and collaboration of EVERYBODY will be extremely necessary.

Key

ALBUM TITLE
(Artist, Year of Release)

Posted Sales = the sum of the figures posted in the sales breakdown

For each sales section (America, Europe and Other Countries), the figures will appear either as certified sales or other sales.

Certified Sales = figures coming from online certifications databases (like RIAA)

Other Sales = figures coming from any other kind of source (press releases, articles, personal sources, etc)

A sales figure with an asterisk (*) = was not possible to check the source but even so we trust the number (so it's a provisory figure untill we have total confidence in it)

A sales figure with a plus sign (+) = additional sales after the last certification received by the album in that particular country

Missing Sales = personnal commentary about the (aparent) missing sales

Sales Timeline = a chronological sales history of the album and sales curiosities (when possible)

That sales timeline, is anybody like Sting2 or Edge3 to create such a sales timeline for u2's albums?

Back
Top Bottom