Possibility of a Week 3 #1 in the US??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
What's out this week that U2 has to compete with? Everybody, if you're going to buy HTDAAB for a christmas present for anybody, do it this week so we can push the number back up. The #1 position is a great advertisement too in itself. I just hate to see these idiot rapper beat a good rock band. U2 is the only good rock band capable of conquering the charts.

I don't expect the Linkin Park/ Jay-Z album will hang around the top of the charts next week. It might be possible to get them back up there. Then again, they've already gone platinum in the US after 2 weeks, so what's the need to worry?

The_acrobat said:
What's out this week that U2 has to compete with? Everybody, if you're going to buy HTDAAB for a christmas present for anybody, do it this week so we can push the number back up. The #1 position is a great advertisement too in itself. I just hate to see these idiot rapper beat a good rock band. U2 is the only good rock band capable of conquering the charts.

I don't expect the Linkin Park/ Jay-Z album will hang around the top of the charts next week. It might be possible to get them back up there. Then again, they've already gone platinum in the US after 2 weeks, so what's the need to worry?

According to a Hits article I read, they estimated that Ludacris will sell 400,000+

That pretty much sums it up.

U2 MTV JAMMED(the free show in Brooklyn) is set to air this Friday night on MTV. Maybe it helps next week a bit, but probably not too much.

Re: Re: Possibility of a Week 3 #1 in the US??

shutdown said:

According to a Hits article I read, they estimated that Ludacris will sell 400,000+

Ludacris?!?! Who is this..another american rocker??
with no offence to any americans but i really am SHOCKED by the poor quality music that,according to the charts,it's listened there!!

Re: Re: Re: Possibility of a Week 3 #1 in the US??

CICOLO said:
shutdown said:

with no offence to any americans but i really am SHOCKED by the poor quality music that,according to the charts,it's listened there!!

do you mean another american rapper ?

that's what it is...

very suprising..... didnt think people in the US were so into rap... *sarcasam*

..another rapper!!..No, i can't believe it..tell me you are joking..please tell me..tell me..me..
..stars and raps..

I like Jay Z actually.....it's rap, so I don't really listen to his stuff much, but his music is quite good......Linkin Park is just god awful though, so I have no idea what he's thinking..........and Ludacris is just utter ##$%.......I think U2 has a good shot at being number one in its fourth or fifth week though as I don't think too many major releases will be coming out, and lots of people will probably buy "The Bomb" for friends and family.

Ludacris will be #1.

And the U.S. market sucks. The majority of Americans have no musical taste.

Rap sucks.

How can you be shocked by how bad someone's music is (let alone the music of a whole nation) if you haven't even heard any of it nor know who the dude who makes the music even is?

That said, most of the music on the top of the charts it shit.. i just found the way that was phrased kinda humorous.

Last edited:
The american market has been into the rap thing for a long time now so it didnt surprise me that Jay Z and LP made it to #1 because LP also has a large following dont ask me why but they do.

Maybe they sold out too much in week 2?

Maybe this is a longshot, but with so many stores and news reports of Atomic being sold out at major retailers during week 2, is it possible the demand was underestimated? It happens all the time, as well as having maldistribution problems...like plenty of albums in NC with none in NY.

ABOY and Vertigo are all over the radio still, as well as some DJ's just playing random tracks. All this, and I am NOT in a heavy U2 market. I think the record sales have just begun for Atomic, and it may end up being credited as their biggest selling album ever. Just MHO.

We'll see...surely there has been time to restock the stores, so there would need to be a jump up in sales this week for there to be any merit to this theory. I know that sales rise during the holiday season...just saying ample inventory may help.

There won't be any new competition in its fourth week and probably the fifth......with people giving it to their parents or friends and family, I think there's a good shot it could hit #1 again.

Re: Re: Re: Possibility of a Week 3 #1 in the US??

[Ludacris?!?! Who is this..another american rocker??
with no offence to any americans but i really am SHOCKED by the poor quality music that,according to the charts,it's listened there!! [/B]

Yep, it's ludicrous!

It's really sad -- a lot of the younger people I know listen to rap. :banghead:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom