oasis sales figures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
anyone know how many albums oasis has sifted in week 1 in UK and US?

UK midweeks for DBTT last week : 130K sold by end of Tuesday - Industry experts predicted over 300K by end of week in UK.

# 4 debut on Japan international chart with 95K sold. This is a huge amount for a western rock band : HTDAAB sold 84K in first week - I never realised Oasis were so big in Japan.

Don't know about US - probably sell about 100K.

Bomb sold 1938M in first week at Mediatraffic if you include Japan, where it was released a week ealier than ROW. Realistically, though, it sold over 2M 'cos Mediatraffic, of course, only covers 90-95% of total sales.

ybird3k said:
i predict -1st week sales for Oasis 700 thousand maximum.
and coldplays to be 1.3 million

I think that's about right, although I still think Coldplay will sell 1.5M...& Oasis? - I'll say 800K.

Last edited:
Oasis : DBTT sold 237,865 copies in UK last week. So, that's not that much more than HTDAAB (200K).

Morning Glory & Def. Maybe increased by 40%

Heathen Chemistry sold 3,280 copies - that's now 39 sales away from being their 5th 1M seller.

237,000 not as many as i thought what about US sales?

How many do u think Coldpaly will hit in UK? i go for 325,000

I think 325K is about right for Coldplay....my original estimate was 320K - see "Can 1st week sales of new Coldplay album (X&Y) match those of HTDAAB?" thread - but it could do anything up to 400K.

Last edited:
Well, it's not looking that great so far for Oasis in the U.S. With 34% sales in, the album is only up to 13,000 copies. Yikes.

At this rate, they'll be lucky to hit 50K...

You knew the sales wouldn't be as strong here, but I didn't think they'd be this low.

phanan said:
Around 64K for Oasis in the U.S., which should put it at #12.

For week two, think Pearl Jam. Like that band, all of Oasis's hardcore followers will buy the album in the first week and then it will quickly exit the charts.....

Back
Top Bottom