NLOTH Week 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
U2 are set to plummet down the UK album charts as they're no longer in the top 7 in the midweeks. The album is now officially not looking too good in the UK

Didnt you say in the other thread that the sales of over 30k looked good for this week :|

But anyway ouch :(, it is quite bad if they dont make it back into the top 5

I really just hope it reaches 20k in sales, and sticks in the top 10 at this point,

we still have 4 more days of sales, so things could still improve fingers crossed!

But in the end we still have 4 retail days left, one being the saturday when alot of people will go and buy an album etc,

and if sales do drop now, we will have the new single coming along soon enough, and then the tour so that will give a slight boost, aswell as the tour next year!.

am not willing to give up hope just yet, i have seen very little in the way of advertisement for this album.

to be honest when you look at the marketing surrounding this album it's a wonder it's selling at all
UK got U2 on the beeb, US got letterman, rest of the world got Boots 2 months ago

seems to me promotion is more geared to create enough U2 awareness to sell concert tickets than aiming at maximizing album sales

Another update still not top 6, Lily Allen's at 6 now so she'll definitely outsell it (She's the second biggest seller right now, U2 are third of the year)

But still thursday, friday, and saturday to go in sales, aslong as it holds steady i am really not to bothered about chart position now,

What do you think U2's position will be Irishteen? and how many do you predict they will sell?, i just hope it can stay in the top 20 until magnificent comes around, and then the tour.

I'm assuming 6-10 in the charts right now is

Lily Allen
kelly Clarkson
U2
Akon
Prodigy

I'm hoping U2 are still there...their sales have plummeted though, 15k at most I think this week...

Number six has sold 9.9k, with 3 days of sales left. So I would predict that to finish between 15-20k

The album is in terrible need of a second single right now

I dont think we will start hearing the next single here in the UK until May, but i have a sneaky feeling that we will see a bit of advertisement when the next single comes out,

at the end of the day, everyone bar KOL seem to be following the same pattern, and i honestly think KOL are the new "in" band amongst some of todays teenages.

if magnificent is due for release on 1st May, then it should start appearing on radio in the next week or two latest.

totally agreed about KOL, its not possible to get away from them these last few months. perhaps like the killers were a few years ago, though probably bigger.

shame on the UK album chart 'plummet' second single needed soon as

KOL annoy me so much lately, I used to be able to tolerate them but since they've become the biggest band in the British Isles I can't stand them any more...they're as bad as everything else that tops the charts to my ears

I still bet they couldnt sell the nou camp out in under an hour!,

the amount of young kids i hear mention KOL though, it does get annoying because its just the in band, they will be fed up of them by the next album.

thats the thing, just saying 'KOL' to the teenagers automatically makes you 'cool' fair play though sex on fire and use somebody were both great singles, if only U2 had a more commercial track on the album it would keep the album in the spotlight for many months as per vertigo. however i would consider 'crazy' as the most catchy radio-friendly song on NLOTH.

I still think magnificent and any awards will keep this album pretty ok, i still belive KOL are riding the awards wave along with the buzz about them being the new "cool" band etc.

Plus i still dont think the young ones of today would have the patience to listen to a full album, i still bet they dont get very far past the 2 hits then turn it off, but the fact they have it makes it "cool", and i really do belive the band know this, but still wanted to make a "full" album, even if the younger ones dont want to listen to it,

I think when Magnificent comes out though, we will see a few more adverts etc.

Kings of Leon are amazing and i have been saying that since 2004 when Youth Young & Manhood came out. Believe me its KOL who will be challanging U2 over the next 5 years as the biggest band on the planet

Kings of Leon are amazing and i have been saying that since 2004 when Youth Young & Manhood came out. Believe me its KOL who will be challanging U2 over the next 5 years as the biggest band on the planet

IMO i disagree, they havent even broke the U.S., and there from that country!, although granted they are 2 great singles, but there nothing different, its just the same as whats been done year after year, remember toploader? 2 massive singles in dancing in the moonlight and Achilles Heal, yet where are they now?, KOL's 3rd single Revelry has yet to set the world on fire, and there are already rumours of rifts between the band etc etc, again imo they are the "in" band at the minute, but will the next album live upto all the hype?

Yayyyyyyyy for Poland.:wave: Us Irish are so fickle......Ronan Keating my arse!!! :angry:

Eh, when "Magnificent" finally starts breaking out on radio and U2 starts to tour, the album will sky-rocket back to the top. In fact, whenever U2 tour in Ireland, the Top 80 albums there are loaded with U2! I remember for the Slane show during the Elevation concert, I think U2 had something like 12 albums in the Irish top 75, including the #1 (ATYCLB) and I think another one or two in the top 10!

KOL annoy me so much lately, I used to be able to tolerate them but since they've become the biggest band in the British Isles I can't stand them any more...they're as bad as everything else that tops the charts to my ears

KOL's 3rd single Revelry has yet to set the world on fire

I just got into KOL on this last album. I hope they do well. :up:
I also hope U2 sales climb with the next single. But if they don't it really doesn't mean they are washed up or anything. It only means that less and less people are buying albums because they can get the tracks they like.
Which is a shame in itself, because the album is so fantastic.
Sadly many won't know or don't want to know this.
None of this surprises me with everything that's going on.

** Now 30 (UMe) 135-140k
** Hannah Montana: The Movie (Walt Disney) 125-130k
** Keri Hilson (Interscope) 80-85k
Twilight (Chop Shop/Atlantic) 80-85k
Kelly Clarkson (RCA/RMG) 50-55k
U2 (Interscope) 50-55k
Lady GaGa (Interscope) 50-55k
** Papa Roach (Geffen) 45-50k
** Martina McBride (RCA Nashville) 40-45k
** Jim Jones (Columbia) 40-45k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 35-40k
The-Dream (Def Jam/IDJ) 35-40k
** Mastodon (Warner Bros.) 35-40k

Hits prediction for this week

** Now 30 (UMe) 135-140k
** Hannah Montana: The Movie (Walt Disney) 125-130k
** Keri Hilson (Interscope) 80-85k
Twilight (Chop Shop/Atlantic) 80-85k
Kelly Clarkson (RCA/RMG) 50-55k
U2 (Interscope) 50-55k
Lady GaGa (Interscope) 50-55k
** Papa Roach (Geffen) 45-50k
** Martina McBride (RCA Nashville) 40-45k
** Jim Jones (Columbia) 40-45k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 35-40k
The-Dream (Def Jam/IDJ) 35-40k
** Mastodon (Warner Bros.) 35-40k

Hits prediction for this week

So about a 30-35% drop.

unbelieveable that compilations such as 'NOW' can chart on the billboard 200, should be a seperate chart as in the UK. not exactly amazing sales for it at any rate.

its about time these - in my opinion - big drops get much smaller now. to fall behind lady gaga is a bad thing, some of those albums have been out for months. sales are very close- a big drop in chart position will however make NLOTH look not to be doing too well, even if sales are just as good as some of those other artists.

Back
Top Bottom