NLOTH is U2's Seventh Number 1 in the US!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The competition was pretty thin this time out, but good for them. They shifted about 30-50k more than expected.

but what i really want to know is.....

WHO DROPPED THE BALL?

Yes. We need to get to the bottom of this...........pronto.

DrudgeSiren.gif

Interesting Im surprized that ATYCLB didnt go to no.1.Anyone know why?

Because albums like Outkast's Stankonia were blockbusters that split attention away from U2's release (not so mention crap like Limp Bizkit and Korn that permeated the airwaves), and Beautiful Day wasn't the immediate smash hit that everyone remembers it to be. It took a while for that one to catch on, just like ATYCLB as a whole.

Still pretty commendable for a poor economy. I actually bought 2 copies, one digital download from Amazon and another regular CD.

Way to go U2!

Actually it was Jay-Z(#1) and Outkast(#2) who both released albums on the same day that U2(#3) released ATYCLB.

Yeah, I thought Jay-Z had an album out that week, but it wasn't The Blueprint, it was The Dynasty: Roc La Familia. That's why I edited my post. But my general point remains; Jay-Z and Outkast had albums out that week, and it split attention away from U2's release.

Any one know how many other countries its got to number one in? HTDAAB got to no.1 in 35 countries I believe. So far that I know of - Uk and US

Actually it was Jay-Z(#1) and Outkast(#2) who both released albums on the same day that U2(#3) released ATYCLB.

Before people cry foul, those two albums (The Blueprint and Stankonia) are two of the best hip-hop albums this decade.

U2 didn't get beat out by crappy albums, and the fact that sales of the other two didn't cancel each other out is also impressive.

Only 7th???? :ohmy: Call you American's U2 fans? :madwife:

:wink:

10th here in the UK, but won't be this weekend, about to be knocked off Number 1 by a KID :doh:

Just 5 more number 1 Lp's here to equal Elvis :madspit:

Before people cry foul, those two albums (The Blueprint and Stankonia) are two of the best hip-hop albums this decade.

U2 didn't get beat out by crappy albums, and the fact that sales of the other two didn't cancel each other out is also impressive.

I wouldn't rank them that high, but too great albums definetly.

I'll take Reasonable Doubt over Blueprint anyday.
I'll take SoutherPlayalistic over Stankonia anyday

But those were technically 90's albums....

Only 7th???? :ohmy: Call you American's U2 fans? :madwife:

:wink:

10th here in the UK, but won't be this weekend, about to be knocked off Number 1 by a KID :doh:

Just 5 more number 1 Lp's here to equal Elvis :madspit:

The "kid" isn't even selling enough to go top five in the albums chart

Kelly Clarkson might knock them off though

agreed.
and for the record i remember the midnight sale, and U2 fans were outnumbered by people buying Jay Z and Outkast. I knew right then that Bono and the boys weren't gonna get no 1.

that said, check out these sales figures! man we don't see numbers anywhere near that anymore. Not combine for the top 3 anyway. That's crazy

I mean, Outkast sold 526000 copies that week and even that wasn't enough to secure the no 1 spot

Jay-Z debuts at No. 1 for the second time this year | Jay-Z | Music News | Music | Entertainment Weekly

Phew! I saw an article yesterday that the "Kid" is on for number 1, I was like WTF? :ohmy:

Wouldnt supprise me if that was her agent/management whipping up so hype, apparantley she "shipped" 80.000 copies of her album to stores etc, and of couse a few media outlets jumped on the band wagon thinking she would "sell" all 80.000 copies, when in reality its looking no where near.

I know this is kinda off-topic, but after looking at the chart history I was wondering: on what format was Jesus Christ released?

Was it a single from that Folkways album?

Back
Top Bottom