Next Grammy Awards & u2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tallarico

War Child
What do you think about the u2 possibilities at the next Grammy Awards?
If they will win some grammies the numbers of sells in Usa could improve very much, like in ATYCLB period when they won in 4 important categories ( + the 3 grammies for beautiful day for a fantastic performance of 7 grammies in 2 editions).
Vertigo wons 3 grammies in the last edition, but i think it's very difficoult to repeat the numbers of atyclb because the bomb, after vertigo, haven't got important singles (and in 2002 3 grammies of 4 went to stuck,elevation and walk on....).
For the record a good performance at grammy could be the salvation in Us market...

when are the grammy nominations made?

i think a definate nomination for album of the year for bomb, and a chance it may win. and maybe a few of the singles will get best rock/pop performace, and rock album of the year bomb should definately win.

It should get a Rock Album Of The Year nod........."Sometimes" could possibly snag a nomination, and I'm sure "All Because Of You" will snag the Best Rock Song award.......no chance for Album Of The Year though as most will have forgotten about it (the only reason ATYCLB got all those nominations the second go-round was because of 9/11 and the fact that the songs tied in with it)........

album of the year should go to greenday if it were to be chosen on sales, but as it was nominated last year before the sucess of 'boulevard of broken dreams', does that mean that it canot be nominated this year?

i think song and record of year will probly go to 'boulevard..'

ybird3k said:
album of the year should go to greenday if it were to be chosen on sales, but as it was nominated last year before the sucess of 'boulevard of broken dreams', does that mean that it canot be nominated this year?

i think song and record of year will probly go to 'boulevard..'

Anything released prior to September 30, 2004 will not be eligible for this years Grammy's(2006). The Grammy awards are not based on album sales at all, but on how the 10,000 members of the Academy vote. The Academy has recently been in love with U2 awarding them 10 Grammy's since 2001. U2 crushed Green Day in all three catagory's it was nominated in for this years Grammy's. I suppose things could change for the 2006 Grammy's, but its unlikely given the lock that U2 has with academy voters. Of course I'm not complaining at all about that considering that HTDAAB is by far the best album of the year. But it will be the first time that we have seen a real match up of U2 VS Coldplay at the Grammy's which will indeed be interesting to watch. The academy has been known to surprise people in the past, but typically the veteran artist always have a bit of an edge.

While Vertigo one all three awards it was nominated for, it did not receive nominations for Song of the Year and Record Of The Year, so while U2 has a very strong position going into this year's grammy's, it is not a guarantee.

I agree. I will be quite surprised if HTDAAB experience the same success ATYCLB had at the 2002 Grammy awards. U2 were robbed for album of the year though.

Don´t get me wrong, the bomb is better than leave behind but there won´t be (hopefully) anything like the 11-S effect this time around.

STING2 said:

Anything released prior to September 30, 2004 will not be eligible for this years Grammy's(2006). The Grammy awards are not based on album sales at all, but on how the 10,000 members of the Academy vote. The Academy has recently been in love with U2 awarding them 10 Grammy's since 2001. U2 crushed Green Day in all three catagory's it was nominated in for this years Grammy's. I suppose things could change for the 2006 Grammy's, but its unlikely given the lock that U2 has with academy voters. Of course I'm not complaining at all about that considering that HTDAAB is by far the best album of the year. But it will be the first time that we have seen a real match up of U2 VS Coldplay at the Grammy's which will indeed be interesting to watch. The academy has been known to surprise people in the past, but typically the veteran artist always have a bit of an edge.

While Vertigo one all three awards it was nominated for, it did not receive nominations for Song of the Year and Record Of The Year, so while U2 has a very strong position going into this year's grammy's, it is not a guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom