N.A. Radio Play by Format, Billboard, & Video charts for Week 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: U2 promotions

beLIEve said:
FYI,

It looks like U2 are scheduling some promotional appearances, which we know can help album sales. First, airing tommorow, we have

VH1's All Access: Spotlight U2

After a three-year absence from the spotlight, U2 is rocking the world and VH1 is catching up with the super group. After selling 180 million albums and winning 17 Grammy's, the band is as relevant today as they were in the 80's with their mega hit Joshua Tree. Now, after releasing their 11th new album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, the band is preparing for their highly anticipated world tour and VH1 is with them every step of the way. From their rehearsal in Rosarito, Mexico, to the dress rehearsal in Vancouver to opening night in San Diego only VH1 gets the inside scoop on U2.

This show airs tomorrow at 5 PM Est, 8 PM Est, Friday the 15th at 11:00 AM Est, and again on Monday Morning at 2:30 AM Est. After that, VH1's schedule is as reliable as Ticketmaster during the 1st presale.

2nd, Good Morning America begins their "Summer Concert Profiles" on May 20th, featuring a different band on tour each week. The May 20th episode, scheduled for 8:15 AM, kicks off with U2's Vertigo Tour. The show usually features live interviews with the band and live performances. Right now, however, it says there will be "live broadcasts" of at least 5 songs from U2, so who knows how this show will work.

Anyway, as with ATYCLB, I wouldn't mind see U2 play Leno and Letterman, especially if they can promote Sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up on more than just these two shows before they leave for Europe.

P.S. The Killers are on Leno tomorrow night playing Mr. Brightside

180 million??

i thought it was more 140 million

180M was on their website, but during the show, they said "over 130M", which sounds more reasonable. I don't think anyone believes U2 has sold 180M, but they probably will in about another 10-15 years.

Back
Top Bottom