MERGED ----> WITS Chart Success? + How big of a "hit" will WITS be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Believe, i agree with you!

In Uk this week Window rised up from 19 to 7 in the airplays chart!

Believe ... thanks for your insight ... I also think the song is very radio friendly, and I'm sure the video will be very popular on VH1.

I think the big factor will be if it's made available for downloading. Saints shot up the charts after it did, and I think WITS would do the same.

it will chart at #6 in UK i think. Its getting next to no play on music channels because music has all been about christmas hits.

Good news! The song is now regaining spins on the HOT AC chart ... and it's already in the top 20 most played videos on VH1.
Keep requesting WITS on several important stations ... see the link in "everything you know is wrong" to see how.

vaz02 said:
it will chart at #6 in UK i think. Its getting next to no play on music channels because music has all been about christmas hits.

And so, when WITS is released everyone will be sick to the back teeth of Xmas songs and want to hear good new tracks, ie WITS, #2 definetly.

Situation in Portugal. A few days from the commercial release,many radios are starting to air it a good bunch of times and they still make publicity to U218 and refering WITS as the new big/bright U2 single.
I believe that it can turn #2 or #1 here.

jimmmm said:

And so, when WITS is released everyone will be sick to the back teeth of Xmas songs and want to hear good new tracks, ie WITS, #2 definetly.

I bet my arse it doesnt reach any where near #2.

:wink: .

I think leona be number 1 with the Eric pyddz pink floyd remix number 2.

very strange, i originally thought this would have been #1 or #2 behind x-factor, in uk. but now i think a bit lower. still top 5 though.

Singles

01 Leona - A Moment Like This
02 Take That - Patience

Top 5
Eric Pyrdz vs. Floyd - Proper Education

Top 10
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (Re-Entry)
U2 - Window In The Skies (New Entry)

Top 30
27 The Kooks - Live At The Astoria EP (New Entry)

Top 40
Gnarls Barkley- Crazy (Re-Entry)
Nelly Furtado - Maneater (Re-Entry)
The Automatic - Monster (Re-Entry)

Top 75
Gay Gordon & The Mince Pies - Auld Lang Syne

:(

those midweeks are off the haven forum, so i guess theyre right. and yes the new chart rules are starting this week :huh: , snow patrol chasing cars re entry, IMO its a crap song, cant see why its been so big

WITS is gaing spins on the Hot AC/TripleA/Mainstream rock formats. Oddly the video is not up for voting at the vh1 top 20 page, they still have Saints up.

fna692002 said:
WITS is gaing spins on the Hot AC/TripleA/Mainstream rock formats. Oddly the video is not up for voting at the vh1 top 20 page, they still have Saints up.

I think you can write it in though and they have been playing it.

Dana

Its A-Listed at both Radio 1&2, & its starting to get far more plays on TV music stations, the last 2 days, The Box has shown an hour of U2 vids, ending with WITS, its been shown regularly on B4, so if it fails to perform you can't really blame lack of support from radio, or TV.

6!!! Woah thats not good. Or is it, now the chart rules have changed, are the days of peak positions in the first week gone.

its not good isit, lowest placed single since 1997 if god will send his angels. and to think saints entered at #6 on downloads alone, and that wasnt playlisted on radio2, and only on radio1 b list.

im still thinking #5 for WITS by sunday though

Back
Top Bottom