Maybe this is why the COBL video is AWOL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beLIEve

Refugee
MTV and VH1 (in the U.S.) still have not added COBL to their playlist, when it's clearly available. This review of the video from MuchMusic pisses me off...who copied who, really? What a blatant ripoff of U2 by everyone's new favorite band (sorry, I am not included...they just don't do anything for me at all).

MuchMusic New Videos

City of Blinding Lights

Ever been to a U2 concert? No? Well now you can lie to your friends and front like you have. It's everything you'd expect it to be: Frenzied fanatics, a sea of hands and tears, a preening, brooding Bono, a stoic Edge, two other guys...The only surprise is the shoddy timing of the vid. Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" clip did the epic-anthem-backed-by-prog-psychedelic-giant-light-wall thing last week. And we don't bring that up to be snarky, we mention it only because it's the truth.

Well Coldplay filmed the video after U2 did, even though SOS came out before COBL, think they coulda ripped of the idea?

Some dates:

*First leg USA Vertigo tour (03/28/2005)

*Los Angeles concert (04/05/2005) --> Here he was, Chris Martin, as a fans watching this great concert.

*Release date of speed of sound (suppose single and video, sure single) (05/23/2005)

I think the video was filmed as much 3 or 4 weeks before the release date, so...

By the way, I'm new. This is my first post and usually I'm posting in East Link forum, like vox02 or fede.

Saludos or regards. (Spanish lessons!!!!)

Welcome my friend!!
How're things at eastlink? It's over a month since the last time I posted there. I need to make a comeback, :)
It's obvious that the band stealing ideas is Coldplay. They rip U2 off in terms of music, so why not doing the same with videos?

sm said:
Some dates:

*First leg USA Vertigo tour (03/28/2005)

*Los Angeles concert (04/05/2005) --> Here he was, Chris Martin, as a fans watching this great concert.

*Release date of speed of sound (suppose single and video, sure single) (05/23/2005)

I think the video was filmed as much 3 or 4 weeks before the release date, so...

By the way, I'm new. This is my first post and usually I'm posting in East Link forum, like vox02 or fede.

Saludos or regards. (Spanish lessons!!!!)

True, true.....If you listen closely to a couple of tracks on that coldplay album, you can hear the same keyboard background sound that U2 used on Running to Stand Still live on the Zoo TV tour! On RTSS, it's at the end of the song with the helicopter noise, before they go int to WTSHNN. It's also on a couple of other U2 songs, but I can't think of them right now...It's late/early!

The "how long" part of the song is a ripp-off from U2 as well....

May I ask what AWOL stands for?
(A week on location?)

I have seen the COBL video once on Rage, Twice on Pay TV (early morning on MTV and when I came home from school on VH1.
Then Max played that clip, that feels like its years old now...Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom