just a few chart comparisons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So looking over this weeks Billboard chart, it is interesting to think back and see the albums that have come and gone, and the albums that you thought for sure would outlast and outsell U2.

Well, we all know there were tons of major releases this past year that had very poor showings, (ie. Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz, Eric Clapton, John Mellencamp, Greenday, Macy Gray, Sugar Ray, the list goes on and on and on) but then there were the BIG albums that I thought would outlast and outsell U2 for sure. I took a look where they are at right now on the chart.

U2 is at number 26 in their 68th week.

'nsync - #65 on week 30.
J.Lo - #66 on week 56
BSB - #95 on week 16
Destiny's Child - #129 on week 42
Madonna - #111 on week 14
Limp Bizkit (Chocolate Starfish...) - #193 on week 70.

These are just a few. Other than that it looks like only Creed, Linkin Park, and maybe Enya will better U2 on the charts in the long haul.

Another interesting question that I thought of this morning was this - Has any other band ever had an album be in the top 25 in three different calendar years? ATYCLB has been in the top 25 during 2000, 2001, and 2002. I know that Linkin Park has been on the chart a little longer than U2, but they came up the chart late. Not sure, maybe Enya. Any others in the past that people can think of??

There are a lot. Metallica, Metallica 1991,1992,1993. Michael Jackson Thriller, 1982,1983,1984. Def Leppard Hysteria 1987,1988,1989 just to name a few.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom