is oasis bigger than u2 in europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're not bigger than U2 in Europe - or anywhere else. In fact, I think a lot of people would go "Oasis, who?" if you asked them...they've been quiet for a long time now. They're good, I like most of their albums, but they could never ever become something as big and as meaningful as U2. As we all know.:wink:

Oasis was the support band for U2 in Europe on the POP Mart tour... I mean that was at a time when they were much more prominent on the music scene compared to today, and they were still supporting U2. That certainly says something to me.

WHYWHY.

I don't think oasis was a support band for u2 in Europe during Popmart. They did support them in Oakland (2 times) during Popmart, but that's it..
Oasis is or was maybe bigger than u2 in the UK but in the rest of Europe Oasis is not that big.

This is the funniest thread in a long time on this forum.

God, Oasis are one of the lesser bands around now, whether they care to admit it or not. Franz Ferdinand and The Libertines are far more popular.

patske said:
I don't think oasis was a support band for u2 in Europe during Popmart. They did support them in Oakland (2 times) during Popmart, but that's it..
Oasis is or was maybe bigger than u2 in the UK but in the rest of Europe Oasis is not that big.

You're right Pastske, I got confused when I read the article in Propaganda about U2 and Oasis, I was always under the impression that Oasis toured with U2 for the 2nd leg of the tour.

Oasis have made a comeback tour of UK & Ireland for next summer the tickets went on sale last saturday...and wait for it...theyre still NOT sold out, can that answer your question...

...mind you I bought a ticket???

OASIS ARE STILL A BIG LIVE BAND IN THE UK, ALTHOUGH NOT AS BIG AS WHEN THEY PLAYED TO 250,000 OVER 2NIGHTS SOME YEARS AGO. OF COURSE NOEL GALLAGHER IS A MASSIVE FAN OF OUR BOYS, ILLUSTRATED WHEN HE RECENTLY STATED (ON THE UK HALL OF FAME SHOW) THAT U2 ARE UP THERE WITH THE BEATLES - A GREATER COMPLIMENT HAS NEVER BEEN GIVEN - IMO.

Mike

In maybe 1997, Oasis I'm guessing were bigger than U2. Definatly in 1996 after Definatly Maybe and Morning Glory, when U2 hadn't released anything since 1993. Those two albums are two of the best of all time. Oasis have dropped in popularity since then though.

Different Class

I love Oasis, I went to one of their concerts which was 'almost' the best concert I have ever been to. I do believe that their UK concert dates this time round have now sold out.

They are 'however' in a completely different class than U2. When Oasis start taking a whole year to tour all the places their records sell then it might be worth comparing the U2

U2 rock the world Literally

alexvilagosh said:
In maybe 1997, Oasis I'm guessing were bigger than U2. Definatly in 1996 after Definatly Maybe and Morning Glory, when U2 hadn't released anything since 1993. Those two albums are two of the best of all time. Oasis have dropped in popularity since then though.

Oasis was only bigger than U2 in the United Kingdom and not anywhere else. More than half of their European sales were from the United Kingdom alone.

beau2ifulday said:
God, Oasis are one of the lesser bands around now, whether they care to admit it or not. Franz Ferdinand and The Libertines are far more popular.
Franz who?

mikeuk said:
OASIS ARE STILL A BIG LIVE BAND IN THE UK, ALTHOUGH NOT AS BIG AS WHEN THEY PLAYED TO 250,000 OVER 2NIGHTS SOME YEARS AGO. OF COURSE NOEL GALLAGHER IS A MASSIVE FAN OF OUR BOYS, ILLUSTRATED WHEN HE RECENTLY STATED (ON THE UK HALL OF FAME SHOW) THAT U2 ARE UP THERE WITH THE BEATLES - A GREATER COMPLIMENT HAS NEVER BEEN GIVEN - IMO.
Yes, that's a HUGE compliment from someone who tries to be a Beatle for a living.

Back
Top Bottom