HTDAAB Album Sales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
Whats the latest on the US & Worldwide sales of the album? I looked around this forum and I couldn't find anything recent :ohmy:

bcrt2000 said:
Whats the latest on the US & Worldwide sales of the album? I looked around this forum and I couldn't find anything recent :ohmy:

Total worldwide album sales for HTDAAB are between 9 million and 9.5 million. Unless the album can rise back up the charts in Europe and North America, the album will likely finish out at 9.5 million by the spring. But if "All Because Of You" takes off in Europe and the Grammy's prove successful for U2 in North America, then the album does have a shot at making it to 10 million by the spring before sales really drop off.

And ´All that you can´t leave behind´ sold 12M to date, so HTDAAB doesn´t outsell ATYCLB. Well ATYCLB is from 2000 so what did it sell after it was released 1 year?

POP-ROMANCER said:
And ´All that you can´t leave behind´ sold 12M to date, so HTDAAB doesn´t outsell ATYCLB. Well ATYCLB is from 2000 so what did it sell after it was released 1 year?

ATYCLB sold 10 million in its first year.

Sales for bomb will be very close to that number come the end of 2005. Yet, after the holidays season, I don´t envision a similar situation to ATYCLB which went to sale an additional 1 million copies in the US alone thanks to the grammys and the superbowl appearence.
The only chance HTDAAB would match sales of ATYCLB is that U2 continue touring during 2006 and/or releasing another monster single a la Vertigo (in the US I mean).

STING2 said:

ATYCLB sold 10 million in its first year.

I assume it will, I mean, even if I did something stupid like lose my copy of HTDAAB I'd go out and buy another......

But ATYCLB selling 10 million in it's first year, that a hell of a lot of records......

Back
Top Bottom