How much from album sales is from US market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
It was 4 millions from the 12 millions for ATYCLB, what about the other albums?

Boy 1 million in the USA out of a total of nearly 3 million
October 1 million in the USA out of a total of nearly 3 million
War 4 million in the USA out of a total of about 8 million
UABRS 3 million in the USA out of a total of about 8 million
UF 3 million in the USA out of a total of about 8 million.
Joshua Tree over 10 million in the USA out of a total of over 25 million.
Rattle And Hum 5 million in the USA out of a total of 12.5 million.
Achtung Baby 8 million in the USA out of a total of 17 million.
Zooropa 2 million in the USA out of a total of 7 million
POP 1.5 million in the USA out of a total of 5.5 million
Greatest Hits 80-90 3 million in the USA out of a total of 15 million
ATYCLB 4 million in the USA out of a total of 12 million
Greatest Hits 90-00 1.5 million in the USA out of a total of 6 million.

Heh yah that sounds bout right Macphisto :p

Ah... Sting, if you're gonna say that POP has sold over 1.5 million in the USA, shouldn't it also be that Zooropa has sold over 2.5 million? Cause I remember around ATYCLB release it had sold about 2.4 million.... and I'm guessing that 4 years later it would've sold that extra bit.

WHYWHY said:
Heh yah that sounds bout right Macphisto :p

Ah... Sting, if you're gonna say that POP has sold over 1.5 million in the USA, shouldn't it also be that Zooropa has sold over 2.5 million? Cause I remember around ATYCLB release it had sold about 2.4 million.... and I'm guessing that 4 years later it would've sold that extra bit.

The 1.5 million figure for POP comes from Souncscan figures in 2000. ZOOROPA was at 2.2 million in March of 1997 when POP was released. Where it is now, I do not know, but you have to realize that Zooropa and POP are U2's least popular albums in the USA in terms of catalog sales, sales beyond the first two years after release. For ZOOROPA to have sold 2.5 million by now, it would have had to of sold an average of over 800 copies per week in the United States for the past 7 years. Most old albums these days rarely sale more than 2,000 a week these days. There are about 200 that do sale more than 2,000 a week ocasionally and when they do they make it on to the top 200 catalog chart that soundscan tracks. Catalog sales of older albums have really slowed down since the 1990s, now that everyone has replaced their Vinyl and cassettes of old albums with CDs and now you have file sharring and burning CDs which cuts down on the purchase of old albums.

Thanks for the info Sting2!
I didn't know the first Best of did so good :up: and I can definitely see how US is an important market to U2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom