How much can "Bomb" bounce back after the Grammys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any hope that Bomb can reach the top 40 on the global chart this week? Last weeks #40 sold 48,000 copies. If Bomb can sell about 30,000 in the US can it do 18,000 overseas this week?

I talked to one of my sources today who sells music for a living. He said he didn't see much increase in sales for HTDAAB, and he thinks that anyone who wants the album already has it. His company's "charts" didn't see much change in rating either.

We shall see...

cjboog said:
Is there any hope that Bomb can reach the top 40 on the global chart this week? Last weeks #40 sold 48,000 copies. If Bomb can sell about 30,000 in the US can it do 18,000 overseas this week?

Its possible, but I kind of doubt it. Also, the #40 album will probably sell more than 48,000 copies this coming week with it being Valintines day on Tuesday.

Lila64 said:
he thinks that anyone who wants the album already has it. His company's "charts" didn't see much change in rating either.

We shall see...

This is what I said before, the album has sold more than 3 million copies so far and who know how much ilegal downloads. The Bomb is already 15 months old and all the people already has it.
Plus, the Grammy's image is not so good on the buying public, I heard a lot of complains about U2 winning all the awards and the Grammy's nominees album is flopping too.
Still, I expect a re-entry on the top 100 with 15-20k.

According to hitsdailydouble, none of the big winners are showing an improvement over the preceding week. I think these numbers, which still show Barry Manilow dominating over even the likes of Mary J. Blige, are not indicative of the Grammy boost.

I still predict U2 will enter the Top 20, hopefully as much as #5 with sales close to 90.000. Call me the dreamer, but it beats the alternative, right?

The second week after is usually stronger, should get back to the top 40 before disappearing again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom