How are The Rolling Stones doing compared to U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More on the subject.
The first U2 concert in Bs. As. is now sold out after only five days of sale. Very impressive considering this is South America and Christmas time.

It seems like demand to see U2 in Argentina is similar to see the Stones (Stones sold out their two February concerts) in 15 days or something like that.
Let´s see what happens with the second U2 date.

fedeu2 said:
As I said in a previous post, while Rolling Stones popularity in South America is on the way down ever since 1995, U2 seem to get more and more popular with every album they release.

By the way, Soldatti stated that the bomb has sold only 20,000 copies in Argentina as opposed 40,000 copies for A bigger bang.

Now, I don´t remember the specific sources but I´m quite positive I´ve read that the bomb is double platinum in Argentina. That would mean 60,000 copies right?

off topic, but,
is Bon Jovi touring at all this year? wondering how their tour would compare to Vertigo. miles behinf i'd think.

Stones fans are desperate to see Bigger Bang tour finish ahead of Vertigo both in GROSS and attendance.Most of them think they will lose the battle to attendance but that they will cash more.On ioor.org I read an informal statment that gave one of Stones managers before start of the tour and he said Bigger Bang would gross 400-430 million dollars.
Bon Jovi is outsider in this race.

The first U2 show is not sold out yet, you can still buy tickets for various sections.
The second show is going on sale tomorrow.

I have checked ticketek website earlier today and it said "sold out".
If you can buy tickets now that would mean new ones were put on sale. Either that or the site has a malfunction.

Soldatti said:
The first U2 show is not sold out yet, you can still buy tickets for various sections.
The second show is going on sale tomorrow.

roy keane said:
Stones fans are desperate to see Bigger Bang tour finish ahead of Vertigo both in GROSS and attendance.Most of them think they will lose the battle to attendance but that they will cash more.On ioor.org I read an informal statment that gave one of Stones managers before start of the tour and he said Bigger Bang would gross 400-430 million dollars.
Bon Jovi is outsider in this race.

U2's Vertigo Tour will Gross aprox 400 million dollars by April 2006, with 4,3-4,4 million tickets.

It confirms U2 and Stones as #1 artists in terms of both attendance and gross.

Vox

But the Vertigo Tour will be the first tour in history to cross the $400 million dollar mark.

Yeah, it would.
Yet, the announcement was made by the local promoter so I guess that makes it sort of official.

The question now is: will a third date happen?
Obviously the demand is there as it was back in 1998. So, other than scheduling problems I can´t think of any reason for them not to play three nights in Bs. As.

As for Brazil, it seems that negotiations are under way to bring the boys to Rio de Janeiro as well. That was Bono´s first wish actually.

Hopefully, Maracana stadium will be ready come late February so that U2 can top the 1998 show there (autodrome) in terms of attendance. As of now it´s just a rumour.

Axver said:

It would be nice if U2.com would announce it ...

Back
Top Bottom