Hits Week 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50 cent is rubbish
cant even speak properly let alone rap.
his songs are utter junk, so repetitive an no talent required
hes a druggy criminal that should be in prison not making albums that are selling millions.
doesnt deserve to sell a single album, all he deserves is death:mad:

i think you've all gathered by now that i hate the bloke :madspit:

ybird3k said:
50 cent is rubbish
cant even speak properly let alone rap.
his songs are utter junk, so repetitive an no talent required
hes a druggy criminal that should be in prison not making albums that are selling millions.
doesnt deserve to sell a single album, all he deserves is death:mad:

i think you've all gathered by now that i hate the bloke :madspit:

:up:

Well said.

Well, U2 made in in the HITS top 50 again! :up:

Now in: FINAL
1 1 50 CENTTHE MASSACRE 806,052 -30%
3 2 JACK JOHNSON IN BETWEEN DREAMS 108,683 -51%
5 3 THE GAME THE DOCUMENTARY 87,014 -11%
2 4 JENNIFER LOPEZ REBIRTH 83,120 -69%
6 5 GREEN DAY AMERICAN IDIOT 79,685 -4%
-- 48 U2 HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB 21,046 --

Great! :wink:
almost every album had a decrease in sales from last week, and U2 had about the same as last week, although last week they were not in hits top 50

next week hopefully the Hall of Fame imduction will move HTDAAB back into the top 40, or possibly higher.
Then the Tour starts!

I think it had to do with the tickets going on sale the album should stablize now for sure

ybird3k said:
Great! :wink:
almost every album had a decrease in sales from last week, and U2 had about the same as last week, although last week they were not in hits top 50

next week hopefully the Hall of Fame imduction will move HTDAAB back into the top 40, or possibly higher.
Then the Tour starts!

VH1 will not be showing the event until Saturday/Sunday, which means will have to wait another week before we really see the effect on sales of the album.

That would push U2 up to 2.54 million in US sales.

Considering there are 44 weeks left the rest of the year, and U2's album is already on the decline and past its commercial peak - a safe average would be 16,000 units/week for the rest of the year.

That would be 704,000 in sales for the rest of 2005 - or much less than U2's debut week! But it would also push their album up to 3.2 million in sales to end the year.

A possible Grammy album of the year win could see them selling 180,000 over a two week stretch, then it will be averaging something like 8,000/week for the rest of the year.

So by the end of 2006, it may actually not yet hit the elusive 4 million mark. HTDAAB's pace is clearly slowing when pitted against ATYCLB which seemed to stay forever in the charts.

Cheers,

J

To look at it from their perspective, the album has served its purpose, the launching pad for a sold out international tour. What would you care more about selling at this point, $10.00 albums that people can just steal for nothing or $160.00 tickets along with all the other revenue streams a new tour brings. Like pricey merchandise and back catalogue sales.

zoo99 said:
To look at it from their perspective, the album has served its purpose, the launching pad for a sold out international tour. What would you care more about selling at this point, $10.00 albums that people can just steal for nothing or $160.00 tickets along with all the other revenue streams a new tour brings. Like pricey merchandise and back catalogue sales.

They've already sold out the tour around the world though, so I think the album sales are more important........they've already got the money for the tour.

This tour would have sold out based on U2s name alone and Vertigo helped it out very slightly im sure. Overall I am not worried about the album selling consistantly up into the high 3 million area but I would like to see it move past that.

selling out its 3 million units is fine with me. i'm not like the people on this board who don;t apprecate a band selling this much at the 25 year mark.

jick said:
That would push U2 up to 2.54 million in US sales.

Considering there are 44 weeks left the rest of the year, and U2's album is already on the decline and past its commercial peak - a safe average would be 16,000 units/week for the rest of the year.

That would be 704,000 in sales for the rest of 2005 - or much less than U2's debut week! But it would also push their album up to 3.2 million in sales to end the year.

A possible Grammy album of the year win could see them selling 180,000 over a two week stretch, then it will be averaging something like 8,000/week for the rest of the year.

So by the end of 2006, it may actually not yet hit the elusive 4 million mark. HTDAAB's pace is clearly slowing when pitted against ATYCLB which seemed to stay forever in the charts.

Cheers,

J
jick nothing you say is worth reading anymore, so just leave it now ye?

Back
Top Bottom