higest grossing tour in the 80s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darth Sidious

Babyface
can you post some istatistics about joshua tree stadium tour.where can i find some pictures of that tour

I'd have to get the U2 Live book out again but i think U2 played to a total of 3.2M people on the JT Tour (in Europe & America). This included a then U2 record (at least) of 115,000 for 1 night at Real Madrid's Burnabeau Stadium.

Last edited:
edge3 said:
I'd have to get the U2 Live book out again but i think U2 played to a total of 3.2M people on the JT Tour (in Europe & America). This included a then U2 record (at least) of 115,000 for 1 night at Real Madrid's Burnabeau Stadium.

Santiago Bernabeu :D (but, not "bernibo" :D).

Yes, JT sold around 3,2 million tickets.

Vox

Its difficult to find out the highest grossing tour for the 1980s because back then, Amusement Business did not track the concert industry outside North America. Some rough estimates could be done. Remember, GROSS figures back then will be nothing compared to GROSS figures today or even in the 1990s. Most of the big tours in the 1980s had ticket prices that were below $20 dollars. The Jacksons Victory tour at $30 in 1984 and the Rolling Stones Steel Wheels at $28.50 in 1989 were the highest priced Stadium tours. Prices for most shows through the decade though were between 10 and 20 dollars. Multiply these prices by 1.5 - 2 depending on the year, to find out what these prices would be in 2005.

Back
Top Bottom