Has Vertigo peaked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I hate to say this, but I think Vertigo may have peaked. It's been sitting at it's current position for quite some time now.

The album will be out in another 10 days and after that time, those who really like the song will quit requesting it so much because they will already own it.

Vertigo did very well - you have to go all the way back to Staring At The Sun in 1997 to find a song that was more successful on the charts overall. It also did better than anything off of ATYCLB with the exception of one song on one chart (BD #21 on Hot 100 chart). For a band 25 years into their career, this is very impressive.

Bring on the next single...

It is possible. But sometimes, after an album comes out with really good first week sales it boosts the current single a bit, so I'm thinking it still has a 3 to 4 week shelf life left. Would help if they started running the iPod ads more again, but probably won't.

Well, those three weeks at 32 have all seen an increase in airplay ... I definitely think it's still got more legs in it. Hopefully it will crack the 20s next week.

still havent found the vertigo single in manila.
singles dont usually sell/ for economic reasons, people here
buy the cds. and there's competition from piracy though
stricer laws have now been imposed and 'raids" have been conducted for the past several months on people who sell pirated cds. nevertheless, the album is anticipated by the fans here too.
just quite unfortunate, that the trend followed here is that of the US rather than Europe. so there goes eminem, britney, destinys child which have bigger fan base and recall and are being impersonated on local shows which only boosts their popularity higher. sigh:sad:

oops correction, i mean people here prefer to buy the full album than the singles and thus are sold in very limited numbers, and if i may add, which are sold in major record bars only.
:|

Back
Top Bottom