Glastonbury Appearance Fee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hedge

War Child
anyone know how much the headliners receive?

i'd take a guess at £750k

????

Coldplay received 1,3 million euros this year to be headliner of the Dutch festival pinkpop. It was the most expensive act ever.Thats ~1,2 million pounds or 1,9 million dollars.

I guess the fee for U2 will be around that amount? And definately the costs do not exceed the fee!!

Glasto doesn't pay what other fests pay given the enormous number of acts that play, press coverage and the fact it's non-profit.

I have heard promoters throwing over USD$3mil and sometimes closer to $4m for headliners like Macca or Prince at Coachella or certain reunions like RATM. Moz admitted that one offered $5m for The Smiths.

U2 most definitely spent more than they made in the UK last weekend, but they made up for it with miles and miles of good press. Keep in mind that they and their immediate crew/security had to cross the Atlantic twice(not in the same plane) and had some one-time use staging they brought to the farm.

The most Glastonbury have ever paid before this was £250K to Paul McCartney. So U2 might be around that. They give all their profits to charity, so they're able to keep their artist fees down. U2 paid for all their own staging. That plus the travel (More than one plane? You mean cargo separate?) and I'd say they almost certainly did it at a loss.

The most Glastonbury have ever paid before this was £250K to Paul McCartney. So U2 might be around that. They give all their profits to charity, so they're able to keep their artist fees down. U2 paid for all their own staging. That plus the travel (More than one plane? You mean cargo separate?) and I'd say they almost certainly did it at a loss.

Do you think the band/techs/personal security/instruments/family?) all went to/from the UK on a single return trip on the "360 air" plane?

All the people, yes, one plane. The gear, don't know. Depends on the plane. If it were that old A320, no, but I have no idea about the plane they're using now.

Back
Top Bottom