Get On Your Boots - chart watch - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Peeling off those Dollar Bills
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #106
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Wow... Portugal seems to love the song....
__________________

__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #107
The Fly
 
lov12113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West Coast USA
Posts: 222
Local Time: 08:52 PM
GOYB: USA Radio charts (from Mediabase) for the week of Jan. 19-Jan. 25:

Alternative: #8 (first week on chart) (this is a huge debut for a single on this chart)

Triple A (adult alternative): #1 (first week on chart) (It debuted at #1 in its first week!)

Hot AC (hot adult contemporary): #36 (first week on chart) (a decent debut for any song on this chart)

Active Rock: #34 (first week on chart) (a decent debut)

Rock: #8 (first week on chart) (a very strong debut)

Not bad folks! GOYB has cracked the top ten in its first week on 2 charts (Alternative and Rock) and is already at #1 on Triple A in its first week. I expect the song will go to the top (or close to the top) on all rock type charts (Alternative, Rock, Triple A) and may do well on Hot AC too, though it will climb more slowly.
__________________

__________________
lov12113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #108
Refugee
 
cjboog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 1,319
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov12113 View Post
GOYB: USA Radio charts (from Mediabase) for the week of Jan. 19-Jan. 25:

Alternative: #8 (first week on chart) (this is a huge debut for a single on this chart)

Triple A (adult alternative): #1 (first week on chart) (It debuted at #1 in its first week!)

Hot AC (hot adult contemporary): #36 (first week on chart) (a decent debut for any song on this chart)

Active Rock: #34 (first week on chart) (a decent debut)

Rock: #8 (first week on chart) (a very strong debut)

Not bad folks! GOYB has cracked the top ten in its first week on 2 charts (Alternative and Rock) and is already at #1 on Triple A in its first week. I expect the song will go to the top (or close to the top) on all rock type charts (Alternative, Rock, Triple A) and may do well on Hot AC too, though it will climb more slowly.


Thank god. With all the doomsday talk around here I'm glad to see it didn't fall flat.
__________________
cjboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #109
Refugee
 
cjboog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 1,319
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Can you provide a link? And also maybe this week's top 40 chart?
__________________
cjboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,142
Local Time: 05:52 PM
AMERICA'S MUSIC CHARTS -- 0 1 . 2 7 . 0 9 -- powered by MEDIABASE
__________________
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in San Leandro, CA
Posts: 6,338
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Based on these charts, GOYB has performed very well in its first week.

It debuted at #2 in the Adult Rock chart, at #10 in the Alternative chart (which speaks volumes about U2's current relevance in rock music!), and at #11 in the Rock chart. It also debuted at #36 in the Active Rock chart (and now I'm getting confused between all these types of "Rock" charts), and at #37 in the HOT AC (Adult Contemporary) chart. So two Top 10 debuts in two big charts, and another just outside the Top 10.

This combined with iTunes should make for a Top 40 debut in the Hot 100 on the Billboard charts. If this doesn't happen, it's because God only knows how Billboard actually collects data to rank songs. They seem to have some secret formula that changes quite frequently.
__________________
http://u2.interference.com/attachments/forums/signaturepics/sigpic11661_2.gifI always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
doctorwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:13 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,197
Local Time: 01:52 AM
When does the hot 100 come out?,
__________________
KUEFC09U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #113
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 694
Local Time: 02:52 AM
GOYB #20 IN nEW zELAND
__________________
Tallarico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #114
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 694
Local Time: 02:52 AM
#17 in Netherlands for GOYB!
__________________
Tallarico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #115
Refugee
 
cjboog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 1,319
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUEFC09U2 View Post
When does the hot 100 come out?,
Thursday morning
__________________
cjboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #116
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Posts: 867
Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho View Post
Based on these charts, GOYB has performed very well in its first week.

It debuted at #2 in the Adult Rock chart, at #10 in the Alternative chart (which speaks volumes about U2's current relevance in rock music!), and at #11 in the Rock chart. It also debuted at #36 in the Active Rock chart (and now I'm getting confused between all these types of "Rock" charts), and at #37 in the HOT AC (Adult Contemporary) chart. So two Top 10 debuts in two big charts, and another just outside the Top 10.

This combined with iTunes should make for a Top 40 debut in the Hot 100 on the Billboard charts. If this doesn't happen, it's because God only knows how Billboard actually collects data to rank songs. They seem to have some secret formula that changes quite frequently.
Should also make into the World Tracks chart later this week Mike
__________________
mikeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 02:52 AM
iTunes chart run (updated roughly every 24 hours)

Australia: 16 - 14 - 14 - 17
Belgium: 11 - 10 - 5 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 9
Canada: 1/16 - 2/34 - 3/59 - 7/70 - 10/88 - 16/ *out* - 25
Finland: 5 - 5 - 3 - 3
France: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 6 - 6 - 10
Japan: 25 - 19 - 21 - 38 - 39 - 39 - 51
Luxembourg: 13 - 8 - 16 - 8 - 41 - 52 - 78
New Zealand: 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 7 - 9
Netherlands: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2
Norway: 9 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 8
Portugal: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
Sweden: 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 10
USA: 16/37 - 22/55 - 37/85 - 45/*Out* - 63 - 85 - 99


Another day another massive drop worldwide
__________________
Irishteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #118
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 11:52 PM
WTF????? I mean.... there's another song being sold in Portugal???

I love Boots, don't get me wrong. That's amazing.
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #119
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 694
Local Time: 02:52 AM
21 U2 GET ON YOUR BOOTS 56994 999 273 57267

top 50 digital downloads from Bb

top 150 Us Airplays last week: #116
__________________
Tallarico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #120
The Fly
 
RPRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Yonder
Posts: 72
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallarico View Post
21 U2 GET ON YOUR BOOTS 56994 999 273 57267

top 50 digital downloads from Bb

top 150 Us Airplays last week: #116

I guess we can expect about #50 - #75 range.

Not bad it could still grow over time.
__________________

__________________
RPRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
get on your boots

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com