Get On Your Boots - chart watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U.S. chart update:

Top Hits Online: Boots Up 10 spots to #24 in it's 4th week

Radio & Records/Nielson Soundscan:

Triple AAA Top 40
Boots drops from #2 to #3
Magnificent enters at #21 w/bullet
Most added stations: Magnificent #1; Crazy #3
Most added Spins: Magnificent #1; Crazy #5

Alternative:
Boots drops from #6 to #12
Most added stations: Magnificent #3

Active Rock:
Boots slips from #32 to #37

Hot AC:
Boots up to #27 w/bullet

Rock:
Boots up to #16
Most added stations: Magnificent #2

Canada Rock National Airplay:
Boots #1 for 6th straight week!

Canada Hot AC
Boots #34 up from #37

BILLBOARD CHARTS

Hot 100
Boots re-enters at #96; 3rd week on chart; Peak position WAS NUMBER 37!

Pop 100
Boots rises from 93 to 76 with a bullet in it's SIXTH STRAIGHT WEEK ON THE CHART

Hot Adult Top 40
Up to #27 in it's sixth week

Modern Rock, Mainstream Rock, and Active Rock all mirror Radio and Records on BB

CANADIAN HOT 100
Boots rises from 35 to 29 w/bullet in it's 6th week; peaked once at #3

BB Top 20 Videos
Boots enters TOP 10 in it's 2nd week at #7

So it looks like Boots has seen an increase in downloads and airplay on more mainstream formats in the past week, while it has peaked on more traditional U2 formats like Alternative and Triple A, where Magnificent looks to be the de facto #2 single chosen by DJ's of that station.

Gotta agree with Dr. Who on this...last week I let someone talk me out of being somewhat surprised by Boots success on the radio, but I also thought that Boots had fallen off of the UNITED CHART GLOBAL TOP 40, when it had actually shot up from 40 to 28. I look for another jump on that chart tomorrow. Boots has not equaled Vertigo or BD in longevity, but it is a "modest hit" as a single. Even U2 admitted that Boots was a headscratcher for a lot of fans as a first single. Now that the album is released to radio and the marketing machine has been turned on, Boots just might have some staying power and NLOTH is going straight to #1 IMHO. With Magnificent gaining radio play w/o being officially released, perhaps it should get a video and be pushed as single #2.

It's nice to see U2 in this quandry, though...first single getting a 2nd life while radio is playing select cuts from the new album...almost telling the band that Magnificent and Crazy will make it on today's radio stations. It would be nice to see U2 with 2, or dare I say 3, songs on the BB Hot 100 at the same time.

France : 6 (ne with 2997 physical copies sold)
Holland : 7 (9, 6 wks on chart)
Austria : 11 (ne)
Germany : 19 (ne)
BB Hot 100 European Singles : 6 (23)

Not bad, certainly a bigger hit in Europe than US

France : 6 (ne with 2997 physical copies sold)
Holland : 7 (9, 6 wks on chart)
Austria : 11 (ne)
Germany : 19 (ne)
BB Hot 100 European Singles : 6 (23)

Not bad, certainly a bigger hit in Europe than US
very good. i think get on your boots is underrated.is a great song and live work a lot more.:up:

GOYB is already out of the itunes top 100. Go figure.

Not true- back in the mid-60s, last time I checked.

And "Best of, 1980-1990", Achtung, JT, and I believe U218 all on the iTunes album chart ahead of recent cuts. Kind of cool to see those records and Astral Weeks above Flo Rida.... :wink:

U2 have 18 albums on the top 100 rock chart on ITunes I dont think they are hurting any dispite those that would wish them to fail (who seem to show up every album).

Uk airplays chart run GOYB: 6 - 14 - 14 -13 - 4 - 10 -16
UK video airplays: 24 (26)
Uk: GOYB #30 (#20) - chart run 12 -20 - 30

in Italy Moment of Surrender #19 from M&D and GOYB down at #30.

MEDIABASE just updated, and it's interesting to see what effect came about by having the entire album released to radio. This is as current as it gets for the U.S. and Canada, as today's release measures total airplay from 3/2 through 3/9. They do not break down or monitor as many formats as Radio & Records/Billboard, but their trends are similar.

Adult Rock Top 50
Song TW LW Trend
Boots 6 3 Down
Magn 11 23 Up
Crazy 30 36 Up
SOC 47 38 Down

Hot AC top 50 - Boots only
TW LW
31 32

Active Rock Top 50 - Boots only
TW LW
32 37

Alternative top 50
Boots Down to 18
Magnificent Debuts at 47

Mainstream Rock Top 50
Boots Up to 16
Magnificent debuts at 39

Canada Alternative Top 50 - Boots only
Drops from 2 to 8

Canada Hot AC Top 50 - Boot only
Down 2 to 33 but gaining airplay

Canada Active Rock Top 50 - Boots only
Up from 4 to 3

ABOUT MEDIABASE MUSIC CHARTS: YELLOW HIGHLIGHT DENOTES CHART DEBUT. BULLET INDICATES INCREASE IN AIRPLAY OVER PREVIOUS WEEK. Mediabase electronically monitors more than 1,700 radio stations in the top 150 U.S. metro markets, 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week. Those radio stations are broken out into specific radio "panels," and included in the most appropriate "format" above. Songs moving downward for a pre-specified number of weeks are removed from the charts. All charts are based on radio spins, with the exception of Country which is points based. Mediabase is the leading radio monitoring service with broadcast companies in the US. Mediabase also serves virtually every significant recording company, and associated entertainment industries. Copyright, Mediabase 2009. All rights reserved.

True :up:

And I like your thoughts on the economic crisis and its impact. I think this album has great potential to sell as many or more albums than Bomb if it's genuinely good music and there are a couple more radio friendly songs buried in there somewhere...

We will see.

This is crazy talk. Zero chance of this happening...and it has nothing to do with how good or bad SOE may end up being. Very, very few artists in 2017 are going to sell anywhere near what Bomb sold.

This is crazy talk. Zero chance of this happening...and it has nothing to do with how good or bad SOE may end up being. Very, very few artists in 2017 are going to sell anywhere near what Bomb sold.

Are you okay Nick?

Back
Top Bottom