Get On Your Boots - chart watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now Boots is back at #70 on Itunes hot 100 US and #9 on the rock charts in Itunes.

I think releasing it so close to the album being released was a mistake, usually it's a good month beforehand, and you'd buy the single and the album, not many people will buy a CD single when they know they will be getting it on the album itself the following week.

Uk airplays chart run GOYB: 6 - 14 - 14 -13 - 4 - 10
UK video airplays: 26 (#14)

Europe top 100 singles (includes downloads + airplay + physical): GOYB up at 13 (#65!)

u2 18 up at #39 (#48) in Uk!
How many copies sold it, guys?

Up to #4 in Top 100 Rock iTunes

And the Top 100 will probably be soon updated, since there's more than 3 Rock songs above Boots on the list.

It's better than Vertigo because it has more dynamics to it. Vertigo had the advantage of being promoted with ITunes so despite the fact downloads weren't included in the charts people still had time to listen to it, let it grow on them and buy it as a single. Also TOTP and CDUK had them on, they've now been axed. I can't remember much about the promotion of Beautiful Day but then that's a classic hat is better than Boots anyway

Since GOYB is back in the top 45 on the iTunes USA store (for all songs not just rock). I will bet it will re-enter the top 100 in BB next week. Perhaps around #70. Either way....its back, which is nice.

Boots also has 2 if not 3 other entries down the itunes chart so its sales are understated, it really should be higher :hyper:

Uk airplays chart run GOYB: 6 - 14 - 14 -13 - 4 - 10
UK video airplays: 26 (#14)

Europe top 100 singles (includes downloads + airplay + physical): GOYB up at 13 (#65!)

u2 18 up at #39 (#48) in Uk!
How many copies sold it, guys?

Some here (not mentioning names) kept saying how GOYB was this "massive flop". But based on airplay run alone, clearly this song was a hit (reaching the Top 5)! That is impressive. So maybe the song didn't have as many downloads, but to have that type of run in the airplay chart suggests that people really do want to hear the song.

And now, based on what I'm reading, it appears its climbing again on iTunes charts around the world.

Maybe not quite the flop some thought? Is it a juggernaut? Of course not, but at least it appears to have done its job promoting the album. :yes:

Some here (not mentioning names) kept saying how GOYB was this "massive flop". But based on airplay run alone, clearly this song was a hit (reaching the Top 5)! That is impressive. So maybe the song didn't have as many downloads, but to have that type of run in the airplay chart suggests that people really do want to hear the song.

And now, based on what I'm reading, it appears its climbing again on iTunes charts around the world.

Maybe not quite the flop some thought? Is it a juggernaut? Of course not, but at least it appears to have done its job promoting the album. :yes:

Maybe it's not looking like a flop now but initially it looked like it was failing badly

Glad it has turned around now though, very surprised though it's pretty unexpected

Maybe it's not looking like a flop now but initially it looked like it was failing badly

Glad it has turned around now though, very surprised though it's pretty unexpected

Glad you responded as I was giving you a little teasing. :sexywink:

You are right, though, this song is not a massive hit. And I still think U2 need a second single out soon.

But it's also nice to see it rebound some and not be a total flop either.

It's down to #96 right now in the USA itunes chart, but Magnificent appears at #92 and Moment Of Surrender at #117.

Magnificent is at 89 now. This needs to be a single. Everyone I know likes it, as they say its dancey and in the vein of Killers and Coldplay, which like it or not are the thing right now

Usa billboard hot digital songs - top 200

-- 101 u2 get on your boots 15665 93 8118 109775

Magnificent is at 89 now. This needs to be a single. Everyone I know likes it, as they say its dancey and in the vein of Killers and Coldplay, which like it or not are the thing right now

:lol:

I love how modern music fans would dare turn the comparison that way, when they're hearing that because of the Killers and Coldplay's U2 influence.

Back
Top Bottom