Get On Your Boots - chart watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#19 on iTunes, will be around #25 next week more than likely.
I cant beleive how this Prodigy song has beaten Boots, who would download that?

U2 only hits No.12 with GOYB in the UK!!

Looks like the single bombed badly in the UK.......even Alesha Dixon sold more.............it hasn't gone down very well!!!

The Official UK Singles Chart : 22.02.2009

ARTIST TITLE (LABEL)

Lily Allen
The Fear

(Regal Recordings)
— • Lily Allen • Home • —
Lady Gaga
Just Dance

(Interscope)
LADY GAGA
Kings Of Leon
Use Somebody

(Hand Me Down)
KINGS_OF_LEON
Prodigy
Omen

(Takemetothehospital)
The Prodigy - Homepage
Alesha Dixon
Breathe Slow

(Asylum)
Welcome to the official Alesha Dixon website
Shontelle
T-shirt

(Universal)
SHONTELLE | Shontelligence | Out Now!
James Morrison/Nelly Furtado
Broken Strings

(Polydor)
JAMES MORRISON
Beyonce
Single Ladies (put A Ring On It)

(Columbia)
Home | The Official Beyonce Site
Eminem Ft Dr Dre & 50 Cent
Crack A Bottle

(Interscope)
EMINEM | Official Site
Pussycat Dolls/missy Elliott
Whatcha Think About That

(Interscope)
Pussycat Dolls : Doll Domination - The Pussycat Dolls | Doll Domination
TW

ARTIST TITLE (LABEL)
1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | 31-40
Tinchy Stryder Ft Taio Cruz
Take Me Back

(4th & Broadway)
Tinchy Stryder - BRAND NEW STAR IN THE HOOD COMING on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
U2
Get On Your Boots

(Mercury)
U2.com | U2.com

The more interesting thing is that Kings of Leon went up almost 20 places in the album chart, as well as the singles chart - showing that U2's performance at the Brits either saved Boots from worse performance, or had no impact at all.

The more interesting thing is that Kings of Leon went up almost 20 places in the album chart, as well as the singles chart - showing that U2's performance at the Brits either saved Boots from worse performance, or had no impact at all.

Its was a fantastic performance by KOL at the brits though and they won 2 awards on top of that. Also remember that KOL have huge pulling power of the younger audience and all the females!!!!

Having said that i adore KOL and think that the next 5 years it will be KOL challanging U2 as the biggest band on earth and not Coldplay

It has little to do with the quality of the song. It has to do with U2's putrid handling of its release.

- They released the single for download without announcing anything.
- They split the downloads between those who got each version pre-ordered instead of releasing it as one single.
- They waited three weeks to release the video.
- They waited a month to release the CD version of the single.

I've only talked to two people about the track. One liked it and one didn't, though the guy who didn't said it was definitely better than Vertigo.

Its was a fantastic performance by KOL at the brits though and they won 2 awards on top of that. Also remember that KOL have huge pulling power of the younger audience and all the females!!!!

Having said that i adore KOL and think that the next 5 years it will be KOL challanging U2 as the biggest band on earth and not Coldplay

Yeah, good points on both. KoL are great band - I really enjoy their last album (deserved acclaim). Their performance was fucking Grade A, and U2's appeared shambolic in comparison. Perhaps an electric performance of GOYB would have made a difference (or indeed, winning an award).

It has little to do with the quality of the song. It has to do with U2's putrid handling of its release.

- They released the single for download without announcing anything.
- They split the downloads between those who got each version pre-ordered instead of releasing it as one single.
- They waited three weeks to release the video.
- They waited a month to release the CD version of the single.

We're talking about he UK release, no download was released early

The download wasn't released until last week

If Edge 102.1 is any indication of Boots in Canada its going to rocket to increase big time in the charts. Since the album has come out to radio they've not only been playing Boots, but SUC, Crazy Tonight, Breathe and Magnificent quite often.

they need to give up on this single as well as promoting it live, move onto magnificent

I agree. Enough is enough. I think it's time to move on. Boots has only been a moderate success and in this day and age you need to a big hit to keep an album going for a long time.

But it apparently was the highest debut on the UK charts (according to the Irish Independent).
"Get On Your Boots" was the highest new entry of the week in the U.K., but fans were bitterly disappointed that it only charted at 12.

12 in the uk is a joke

U2 would have been #1 on physicals

thats 2 great bands suffering from the downloads in the uk now

Oasis only got to #3 witht their comeback

Booo for UK:down:

just curious, why are you always starting threads about how bad U2 is doing?

that sucks. Oh well. I really think they should have went with Magnificent as the first single, as much as I love Boots. I think it took me literally 80 listens to decide I loved it. Most people aren't gonna listen to a song 80 times that they feel lukewarm on :wink:

Well your thread title is just misleading, and it charted at number 12, and number in Ireland,

they need to give up on this single as well as promoting it live, move onto magnificent

Its doing good on Rock radio, I don't think its a good idea to do that until Boots is dead in the water everywhere. Plus just seeing how Boots gained popularity on the local stations after the album leak makes me think it would be a rash decision.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they already have a set date for the next single and how it coincides with the tour announcement/start. They already have capped off the number of singles at 4, so I think they want to spread out those singles across 2009 and then leave 2010 for the next album.

I don't care. I am looking forward to buying the cd. And if folks don't want to see them in concert. It will just make it easier for me to do so.

Fact is, the record just isn't good enough. Most of us are liking it (myself included) because we're forcing ourselves too because it's U2. But aside from their hard core audience, I can't imagine many enjoy it.

No one has said to me they like the new U2 single. Far more people are talking about how they don't like it. Compare that to the overall response to Beautiful Day and Vertigo.

Shame really, becuase it's a great album and the critics are loving the album.

Back
Top Bottom