Get On Your Boots - chart watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing as nearly the entire market is now digital sales, relying on Physical sales might not be enough to get them top of the charts. Oasis topped the physical chart with their last single but missed the top ten.

At 58 in the UK itunes right now
Up to 13 on airplay
And 28 on video airplay

Initially i thought the introduction of download to the Uk singles chart was long overdue. back in the day Vertigo ruled the download charts, but boots doesnt appear to be getting a look in.

now physical sales will not do much and recently its seems that the Uk singles chart is becoming increasingly if not fully determined by the download generation. i think airplay should now be included.

Initially i thought the introduction of download to the Uk singles chart was long overdue. back in the day Vertigo ruled the download charts, but boots doesnt appear to be getting a look in.

now physical sales will not do much and recently its seems that the Uk singles chart is becoming increasingly if not fully determined by the download generation. i think airplay should now be included.

I'm against airplay, a song is successful if people buy it. Radio play shouldn't matter at all

Sales now are basically higher than ever, I don't see why they should be changed

Both the physical release and Brit awards will change this - that said NLOTH2 is a better song imo Mike

:up:
WEEK 3

Triple A #1

1-1-1

Hot Modern Rock Tracks #5

8-6-5

Active Rock #29

34-32-29

Hot AC #30

35-32-30

Rock #13

?-15-13

UK Airplay Chart #14

6-14-14

Vox

For a song with very little publicity and promotion, it is surprisingly doing well, and improving, in the States. What's the method? No promotion gets you good radio play in U2's world? Let the fans figure out the song on their own? Apparently it is working so I say keep it boys.

Up to 44 on itunes in the UK

I'm reading a chart forum where they're making fun of U2 for flopping...I really do hope physical sales are high

Last week in the UK only 1% of sales were physical for the singles chart with sales of just 20,000 overall. Not looking good on that front

The Brits will help the push i hope. Failing to get into top 10 will hurt.

The Brits will help the push i hope. Failing to get into top 10 will hurt.

Still wouldnt say it will hurt them, i mean the album here at least is number 1 for pre-orders from HMV and number 4 on amazons overall charts (before it even being released, i also know its doing well on the US amazon),

11 on itunes in the Irish chart
33 in the UK

As long as U2 release a more commercial single sooner rather than later, I'd say it won't hurt the album too much. If they wait too long however it might

IMO this could see a top 10 (ITUNES) after the brits, i am still thinking number 1 in the UK... lets not forget the 4,000 limited edition Viynals.

IMO this could see a top 10 (ITUNES) after the brits, i am still thinking number 1 in the UK... lets not forget the 4,000 limited edition Viynals.

4000 vinyls

Say 20,000 cds (that's every cd sold last week)

That's about 40% what they'd need for number 1.

If it makes top 10 itunes it might be number 1, if it doesn't not a chance

Still wouldnt say it will hurt them, i mean the album here at least is number 1 for pre-orders from HMV and number 4 on amazons overall charts (before it even being released, i also know its doing well on the US amazon),

sold out box set of NLOTH on amazon.co.uk from yesterday night...

Did it sell out, or is there something plain wrong with the price so they hold it back?

at the moment top 10 looks doubtful :sad: unbelieveable given their singles track record since ATYCLB.

a somewhat small consolation, 18 singles up to #54, (with the brits midweek) a think a top 40 re-entry next week is on the cards

there is no 4000 limited edition vinyl 7 inch. The 4000 refers to the limited edition clam shell box to put the 4 singles into from u2.com

"U2’s comeback single Get On Your Boots (Vertigo), however, has received a more muted reception and may enter outside the top ten, after failing to connect at radio."

Music week report in the UK :ohmy:

"U2’s comeback single Get On Your Boots (Vertigo), however, has received a more muted reception and may enter outside the top ten, after failing to connect at radio."

Music week report in the UK :ohmy:

Sorry i really dont understand that, its been in the top 20 on the airplay chart here since it came out?,

Sorry i really dont understand that, its been in the top 20 on the airplay chart here since it came out?,

But for U2 that's disappointing, it's a brand new single they probably expected top ten

The single seems to have made the top 10 so far

The number five sold 7,800, so U2 might be about 5,000 and that includes preorders...they're 10,000 off of number 1 minimum after 2 days, not a chance they'll catch up :(

On the plus side they're up to 24 on itunes, climbing 3 places each update :lol:

Back
Top Bottom