first day sales for SOMETIMES in uk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
anyone have any figures to see if SOMETIMES might get to number 1 this weekend? first day sales could be a good guide.

Currently its at #2 behind Elvis. Destiny's Child's Soldier is also released this week I think.

i think it will make it to number 1, infact am pretty sure, but anything can happen.

Music Week
Presley and U2 fight for number one spot
08 February 2005 - 10:41:50

Wooden Heart, the seventh of RCA’s Elvis Presley reissues, has got off to a strong start since its release yesterday, according to early retail reports.

His recent chart fortunes, however, hint that the Presley reissues perform better at the start of the week due to hardcore fans snapping up copies, so U2’s Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own (Island) could trigger a turnabout at the summit by the final chart’s announcement on Sunday.

Elsewhere in the singles market, Doves’ Black & White Town (Heavenly) looks set to debut within the Top 5, with Destiny’s Child (Columbia), Raghav (V2) and Noise Next Door (Us & Them) making a showing within the Top 10.

Duke Spirit look set to make an impressive debut in the top 15 with Lion Rip (Loog), while faring less impressively is Daniel Bedingfield, whose Wrap My Words Around You (Polydor) will have to fight to secure a top 20 placing.

Athlete lead the way in a largely unchanged albums market, with The Killers (Lizard King), Michael Buble (Reprise), Scissor Sisters (Polydor) and Green Day (Reprise) jostling for positions within the Top 5. The only likely new entries within the Top 75 are expected to be Hanson’s Underneath (Cooking Vinyl) and Michael McDonald’s Motown II (Mercury).

Summary:
01 Elvis Presley (13,000)
02 U2 (9,000)

I'll be really pissed if U2 are shut out of #1 by a re-release.

'Sometimes.....' is such a special song... i can't bear the thought of it not going to no.1

my dad is in England and he's buying me two copies of 'Sometimes.......'

i've just ordered the special pack from HMV with the 3 singles for 6£ (+ 1.8£ for shipping)...anyway if it doesn't reach #1 i couldn't care less: the song remains a great one.

we can do it! come on go and buy 3 copies now! if u already have go and do it again! lets get it to no1!!!!

So lame that Elvis keeps getting #1s........nobody should have more than The Beatles, but it looks like he has a highly devoted fanbase in the UK....

the idea of Evis's record company re-releasing all of his old songs just to make a bit more money for themselves and stop great songs like Sometimes... not getting to number one is disgraceful.:mad:

Sometimes... is #1 right now on midweeks (Thursday update) for about 200 copies (U2 17,500 - Elvis 17,300).
Saturday's sales can change EVERYTHING...

Last edited:
Let's hope the (late-released) video gets a few plays before Sunday then. TOTPs unlikely, but CDUK a possibility-as CDUK will have there chart tomorrow, but may play the studio performance.

I bought a copy yesterday - every little bit helps

Mike

come on all UK peopl on this site! go and buy all 3 singles on Saturday lets get it to number 1 if you have already bought them go and get another 3 it only £6! lets get this track to number 1!

Well, it went to #1 as you all know........that means a total of nine #1s in the US and UK

US - With Or Without You
US - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
UK - Desire
UK - The Fly
UK - Discotheque
UK - Beautiful Day
UK - U2 Vs. LMC - Take Me To The Clouds Above
UK - Vertigo
UK - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

midweek sales?

Soldatti said:
Sometimes... is #1 right now on midweeks (Thursday update) for about 200 copies (U2 17,500 - Elvis 17,300).
Saturday's sales can change EVERYTHING...

how do u know what the midweeks sales are? could u add a link plz?

y-bird

Back
Top Bottom