eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had an email from seetickets.com about Ed Sheeran tickets so I thought I’d have a look. He has 50 shows left

The ticket prices for his uk shows are £75 for standing and £90 for top seats. For the European shows he is charging the same prices but in euros. So he isn’t charging top prices for the tour next year

The European shows aren’t massive stadiums either.

Could be very close

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours

In slightly related news, I see Guns n Roses have now overtaken the Rolling Stones for the #2 spot. Still well below U2.

Not taking anything away from anyone on that list but my gosh the average attendance and gross per show for 360 was insane....like next level epic.

I always wished they went to Japan, Asia and anywhere else they could have to squeeze out the most they could from the tour.

The thing about GnR, Coldplay, etc vs U2 360 is that the other bands had a setup where they could do arenas, amphitheater’s, medium sized stadiums or even flat open fields if they needed to. 360 basically only worked in large stadiums, to their detriment somewhat. GnR have no problem going to a place like Dubai and selling 30,000 tickets in a non traditional venue, whereas U2 couldn’t do that. Cant fill a stadium in Louisville or Des Moines? No problem, just do an arena, add another 1.5 mil to the gross.

Last edited:
Actually, it appears Ed Sheeran is roughly tied with what GnR’s gross is, so the #2 spot is already his.

He has grossed $563m so far, and has 50 more shows to do in 2019 in stadium sized venues. So if U2’s gross was 736m, that means that he has 173 million more to go. That means that each show has to clear at least 3.4m to beat U2’s record. I think he’s gonna do it! Though it will take him 257 shows to accomplish what u2 did with 110.

Last edited:
Actually, it appears Ed Sheeran is roughly tied with what GnR’s gross is, so the #2 spot is already his.

He has grossed $563m so far, and has 50 more shows to do in 2019 in stadium sized venues. So if U2’s gross was 736m, that means that he has 173 million more to go. That means that each show has to clear at least 3.4m to beat U2’s record. I think he’s gonna do it! Though it will take him 257 shows to accomplish what u2 did with 110.

The stadiums he is playing in Europe aren’t actually that big, ones in the uk are 30k Max, the ticket prices aren’t very high either. That’s the only chance u2 have to holding onto the record.

While I would have never thought it would be Ed Sheehan to break U2s unadjusted record, it will inevitably be broken just based on inflation alone. The fact is, this record has stood for 8 years (or was it 2010 when they broke it?) and that is a hell of a feat.

Hopefully it stands for another year, so it will always be the #1 tour of this decade.

While I would have never thought it would be Ed Sheehan to break U2s unadjusted record, it will inevitably be broken just based on inflation alone. The fact is, this record has stood for 8 years (or was it 2010 when they broke it?) and that is a hell of a feat.

Hopefully it stands for another year, so it will always be the #1 tour of this decade.

That is why unadjusted lists are so annoying to me. I mean, it makes no sense for concerts or movies that the official lists are usually presented unadjusted.

360 would be around 820 million adjusted. I believe this record will stand for a long time to come. You just don't have the type of artists that can do extended stadium runs as much anymore.

Either way, i hope U2's record stands unadjusted, but its looking slim.

The stadiums he is playing in Europe aren’t actually that big, ones in the uk are 30k Max, the ticket prices aren’t very high either. That’s the only chance u2 have to holding onto the record.

In Portugal he's playing twice in our biggest stadium (65k), and I think he's the first guy doing that stadium... ever.

He might be doing some small stadiums that will “only” gross $2m, but there will be others that will clear 4-5m to balance it out. Could be close, but I think he’s gonna do it. I’m not really into his music, but the guy is talented, and is probably the biggest “current” artist in the world. Adele could probably do it too, but she has more or less stated that she will never tour again in order to maintain her voice.

Back
Top Bottom