Eminem album already on shelves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I was at Best Buy picking up the new Jimmy Eat World and Muse, and I saw Eminems album out in the display. I knew it was moved up to the 12th, but this was middle of the day on the 11th. Maybe just that store got confused or something. Anyone else see this?

And does anyone think that this move up (to the 12th from the 16th) will prevent Eminem from hitting the number 1 spot. It means he only gets 4 days of sales for his first week charting, and then obviously the second week it will drop off a little from that. Hopefully this will really free up sales for U2's debut week.

I think Eminem will still go to #1. Please keep in mind that his last album was also pushed forward (I think hitting the shelves on a Sunday) and he still went to #1 for that week! So I assume he'll also go to #1 when there are 2 extra days of sales.

BTW, the situation here in the Netherlands is similar. Although they officially state that the release date is on a Monday, you can nearly always get the album on the preceding Friday or Saturday. With ATYCLB, those 2 or 3 days of sales were enough to knock Limp Bizkit (anybody still know them? :p) from the #1 position, even though that album had a full week of sales.

C ya!

Marty

from hits:

EMINEM TO BOW #1: Eminem hit the streets today (OK, so he sold tens of thousands of units yesterda, too, as retailers nationwide broke the official Friday streetdate) and although putting a definitive number on the midday sales "snapshots" is tricky, one thing is for sure. The king of Hip-Hop will easily surpass Shania Twain’s greatest hits package for the top slot on the chart next week. Insiders at Interscope are currently putting the number at a conservative 550k, but many others are saying that the sales figure will be much higher than that. Does that mean 700k or 800k? Is a million out of the question? It’s hard to say. In any case, it’ll be a boatload and more than enough for #1. The new Destiny’s Child release, which had been moved up to Monday (11/15) is also now said to be on sale at retailers nationwide. Expect a solid debut despite the short sales period. Other records supposedly seeing premature sales as well are Chingy and Lil Jon, which weren’t slated to hit retail until Tuesday. Shania and Toby Keith are getting a boost from the recent CMA shindig, with Shania looking toward 500k and Keith 400k.

Yeah, it was on iTunes already yesterday, and apparently Interscope contacted all of their retailers and basically told them, "If you have it, put it out."

I'm not sure if this was an elevated response to piracy or an effort to get one more day of sales in this week.

I saw it at Circuit City today.

Zoocoustic said:
The new Jimmy Eat World is one of the best albums in recent memory.

I can't stop playing it.

Don't want to turn this into a Jimmy... thread, but it is a great album. I think the best songs are the last two. Really incredible.

Well, at the moment Eminem is just barely ahead of Shania Twain for the number 1 spot. This could get interesting.

Well, they're both sitting at about 160k at the moment, but only about a quarter has been tallied. the pros are guessing Eminem with at least 700k and Shania at about 500k.

Britney with only 250k. Hee hee.

Back
Top Bottom