Ed Sheeran breaks the 360 record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took him 239 shows to do what U2 did with 110. U2 could have done more shows and grossed well over $800m.

Still, Good for Ed. As a 37 year old man, I am not in his target demographic and I don’t know much of his music, but that’s quite an accomplishment. He still has shows left on his tour, so I wonder how high he’ll go.

I think that in a couple years, if U2 are willing to do a 2 year long stadium tour with about 120 shows, they could take the record back. But, they’ve already tapped out the Asian and Australian market for awhile, and it’ll take a couple more years to recharge the US demand. Europe, however, hasn’t really come close to meeting the demand there since 2010.

Interestingly, if you add up U2’s totals from 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019 (estimates), it almost hits $700 million. So in theory, they could have probably broken the 360 record if they would’ve mounted another mammoth world tour in the same timeframe.

260 shows?!?! Holy hell. I find that more impressive than breaking a record unadjusted for inflation. Also took him twice as many shows to get to that number.

But still very impressive. He must have hit nearly every major city!

Back
Top Bottom