down to number3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
well the album has falled 2 placed to number 3 here in the UK overtaken by robbie williams and il divo? sad but true. hopefully sales will still be pretty high

Based on early chart reports, I bet all 3 albums sold VERY close to each other. I'm sure it was another 150K+ week for U2.

This is why sometimes charts alone aren't enough - it's better to look at sales. If one looks at the charts for ATYCLB in the U.S., one might not suspect that this album sold 4.2M copies here!

so number 3 really isnt so bad anyway? when u look at it through a sales point of view, and the fact that its been in the top 3 for the last 4 weeks

Well, I'd prefer U2 still be #1 or only slipped to #2, but the fact is, they fell to #3. So I look at the optimistic side - they were #1 for 3 weeks and, if mid-week reports were true, came dangerously close to being #1 for a fourth week. They might have been beaten by only a few hundred to thousand copies! Until we get sales numbers, I don't know.

However, given the proximity to Christmas, I would be surprised if HTDAAB dropped significantly from Week 3 in the U.K. One would think there'd be a rise.

to be honest we really have no reason to be down about it, if you look at it this is the longest any U2 album spent at number 1, and as you say all the mums will be buying robbie for their kids, i bet the album has still sold around 150,000+ and for its 4th week in the chart thats impressive

I can u/stand why the Robbie Williams CD returned to the top spot - for reasons already given here- but the other act ???

Anyway, Bomb will have sold more than enough copies for sales to warrant double platinum -a great result.

Mike

It would have been great to have 4 weeks at number 1, but it looks like the race was a close call and there was not much difference in album sales. It was the same scenariio in Australia as well where the top 5 albums there was little difference.

If another 150K sales week was achieved as was earlier reported, that is over 650k in the U.K alone in 4 weeks. And to think there are still 4 singles and a tour to come.

Be good to get Soldatti's stats here

Well, Robbie Williams is incredibly popular in the U.K. and he has a greatest hits album out, so many people find it as a nice overall "package".

As a matter of fact, I am seriously thinking of buying the Robbie Williams CD if / when it gets released in the U.S. :reject:

Here the official sales (Channel 4 teletext):

01. Robbie Williams (183,871)
02. Il Divo (167,379)
03. U2 (163,641)

U2 sales so far: 200,866 + 127,982 + 178,539 + 163,641
Total: 671,028

Back
Top Bottom