COBL UK sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
How many copies do you think it needs to sell to get a NO 1 then?

how many did that stupid frog sell this week?

How many will the frog sell this week?

this post is to try and get COBL to no 1!

Go buy all 3 cd singles now! come on we can do it!

crazy frogs first week sales were 150'000
and 2nd week sales i'd 'predict' 60-70 thousand.
I'd say average sales of a #1 single are about 40'000.
Vertigo sold 52'000 and sometimes sold 30'000. but when vertigo was #1 downloads were not included.
oasis - lyla , sold 75'000 to be #1.

i reckon COBL needs at least 40'000 to be #1. and will probly get less than 30'000

So what songs are expected to be COBL's main rivals next week on the singles chart? What others singles are out this week?

If COBL makes the Top 5, which is probably a certainty, it will become U2's 20th Top 5 Hit. Phenominal!!!!!(Including LMC Vs U2)

I was really :censored: off to see that Crazy Frog hit number one. It is novelty - it isn't good AT ALL. Shame UK Shame. I say to all aussies - do not give Crazy Frog a number one debut this week.

Quick fact - Crazy Frog (#1) outsold Speed Of Sound (aka Clocks carbon copy) four-to-one.

The songs COBL is up against include Crazy Frog, Feel Good Inc, Lonely, and 1 thing. Don't know what singles are out this week. I don't expect COBL to hit number one, i'm predicting number four. I let you guys know on thursday if havent already found out by then.

out in the Uk this week :-

Beck - Girl
Billy Corgan - Walking Shade
Jamiroquai - Feels Like It Should
John Legend - Ordinary People (Johnny Douglas Edit)
Good Charlotte - The Chronicles Of Life And Death
The Dead 60s - Loaded Gun
The Ordinary Boys - Boys Will Be Boys

the only 1 of these that could beat U2 is Jamiroquai.
crazy frog will stay at #1
akon - lonely, could also. but no1 else.

here is this weeks top 40.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/top40.shtml

if I buy the single on line in a uk's music web site like amazon or others ,it will be in a uk single chart?

Tallarico said:
if I buy the single on line in a uk's music web site like amazon or others ,it will be in a uk single chart?

i expect so

does any1 know any mid week sales?
or any chart positions of particular shops?

Here are the UK Chart Performances of U2's "third" single from each album down the years

Where The streets Have No Name (The Joshua Tree) #4
When Love Comes To Town (Rattle And Hum) #6
One (Achtung Baby) #7
Stay (Faraway, So Close) (Zooropa) #4 [although it was the first released on single from zooropa, it was the third released to radio, and it was released 5 months after zooropa)
Last Night On Earth (Pop) #10
Elevation (ATYCLB) #3

So, it is quite clear from this, that if COBL reaches #1 or #2, it is a phenominal performance. Come on, beat that ridiculous lizzard thingy!!!!!!!!

UK Amazon.com

Is Amazon.com a good indicator of a singles success on the charts? Here's the current sales ranking for the last 24 hours:

Hot 100 CD Singles
The CD singles that Amazon.co.uk customers couldn't live without in the last 24 hours. Updated hourly.

See more 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is This the Way to Amarillo [SINGLE]
~Tony Christie & Peter Kay
Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Audio CD - Universal / March 14, 2005
More information Avg Customer Review:

Our Price: £3.99
Used & New from £3.83

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City of Blinding Lights [DVD] [SINGLE]
~U2
DVD - Island / June 6, 2005
More information Write the first review of this item.

Used & New from £3.25

City of Blinding Lights [SINGLE]
~U2
Audio CD - Island / June 6, 2005

Used & New from £2.15

Lyla [SINGLE]
~Oasis
Audio CD - Big Brother / May 16, 2005

Our Price: £2.99
Used & New from £2.49

City of Blinding Lights [CD 2] [SINGLE]
~U2

Used & New from £3.25

Axel F [SINGLE]
~Crazy Frog
Audio CD - Gusto / May 23, 2005

Used & New from £3.56

Re: UK Amazon.com

beLIEve said:
Is Amazon.com a good indicator of a singles success on the charts? Here's the current sales ranking for the last 24 hours:

Hot 100 CD Singles
The CD singles that Amazon.co.uk customers couldn't live without in the last 24 hours. Updated hourly.

See more 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100

Is This the Way to Amarillo [SINGLE]
~Tony Christie & Peter Kay
Audio CD - Universal / March 14, 2005

Used & New from £3.83

City of Blinding Lights [DVD] [SINGLE]
~U2
DVD - Island / June 6, 2005

Used & New from £3.25

City of Blinding Lights [SINGLE]
~U2

Used & New from £2.15

Lyla [SINGLE]
~Oasis
Audio CD - Big Brother / May 16, 2005

Our Price: £2.99
Used & New from £2.49

City of Blinding Lights [CD 2] [SINGLE]
~U2

Used & New from £3.25

Axel F [SINGLE]
~Crazy Frog
Audio CD - Gusto / May 23, 2005

Used & New from £3.56

It is a good indicator, but it is only sales from Amazon's website. It basically means that Is This The Way To Armadillo? is the best selling CD on Amazon.

I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that's what it means.

Just a quick note on UK charts - they way things work over there is there is usually a HUGE amount of debuts in the top 20, usually about 8 or 9. A good achievement in the UK is for a song to debut in the top 5 then stay there for three weeks. Very rarely do songs 'rise' up the charts, they usually drop quickly after debut.

Crazy Frog outsold Speed Of Sound four-to-one, and I'm guessing it won't sell much more as the idiots who think this is good have bought it. Now the UK's commonsense kicks in and they stop buying it.

That amazon chart is v.good for COBL.

Don't worry about the Amarillo song - it won't be in top 5. In fact, last week it was # 11.

mosquito said:
edge3 , is very big the difference between frog and u2-jamiroquai?

I don't know what exact midweek figures were but my guess would be : Crazy Frog 18K, U2/Jamoriquoi 13K

Go City Of Blinding Lights!!!!

COBL (live at Brookyln Bridge) is at No. 12 on Itunes today. Not that great but is still beating that damn frog at No. 15.

The same COBL version is No. 9 in the album charts. :scratch:

Last edited:
based to midweek charts cobl is#2 behind crazy frog,although it is stated that U2 may be able to challenge the statement come the end of the week with City of Blinding Lights

right lets all go buy another 3 copies now! come on 3 number 1's from 1 album! unheard of!

I hate to say it but "Crazy Frog is selling twice as many as nearest rival U2" according to Ceefax (Planet sound news)

So, COBL is currently headed for # 2....

edge3 said:
I hate to say it but "Crazy Frog is selling twice as many as nearest rival U2" according to Ceefax (Planet sound news)

So, COBL is currently headed for # 2....
its just getting really stupid now, a) a frog at number 1 b) a ringtone at number 1, insane,

Back
Top Bottom