bon jovi bigger live band than u2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
METFIELD said:
every young guitar players first learn metallica guitar riffs and solos

ride the lightning.master of puppets influenced millions of muscisions

they are the best selling heavy metal band by a long shot

metallica 100 million only 10 album released
iron maiden 50 million 20 album realesed

best selling rock bands

beatles 400 million
led zeppelin 220
pink floyd 180
u2 120

..I don't think The Beatles sold 400m albums, I believe its closer to 200m, and not everyone is an obsessed metal-head, I don't know many guita-players that began playing Metallica riffs..its more likely to be The Beatles, The Who etc.

METFIELD said:

most charismatic.hottost,best frontmen in the world.he is heavy metal god,biggest rock star on the planet)))))
0b00000173h.jpg

Yeah, the charisma is just oozing off him, hes just some big macho bloke. In my opinion, most metal frontmen are pretty alike, not many of them stand out..

what's happening in this thread? you're comparing artists by the number of sales they do? how old are you?

and by the way, metallica like U2, so your oppinion doesn't really count, it's invalid!

Last edited:
sleep over back what would you do when u2 sold 12 million tickets last 10 years in north america))))

metallica is pupular outside the music world,they are like star wars,true classic

First of all, Metfield, maybe you should spend most your time in 'Metallica' messageboards - you see, they are huge fans of Metallica on Metallica websites! If you believe that Metallica is better, bigger and more important than U2 - it would probably make more sense to state that on a Metallica messageboard. Of course, you are welcome to post anything you want on this messageboard, as I do many times - but Metfield - are you starting these threads against U2 because you truly want to bring up the 'issue', or do you want to just boast, brag and antagonize U2 fans - what are your intentions, really?

Furthermore, I posted a very negative thread about Metallica, which was done in the heat of emotion - and 'Doctorwho' says it perfectly; not to debase bands, but simply politely disagree with musical taste. I agree, and therefore, I retract my full-out attack on Metallica musically.
However, I do not like them, because I believe they are fools for suing their own fans, young kids just collecting MP3's, most of them already had bought all their albums, and many of them had seen them in concert. It was a very shallow and un-rebellious move by a metal band that supposedly preaches against the 'machine' of monetary contraints of various economical systems.
Also, to bring up a point that shouldn't really have us concerned, but also to be more truthful - U2 is one of the biggest international bands of all time, and Metallica is not bigger than U2 on this worldly scale. Metfield, you throw out numbers and statistics off the top of your head, but that doesn't make these opinionated numbers any more real. U2 and Metallica both toured around the same time as the Popmart tour, 97 - 98 - U2 grossed nearly 100 million more than Metallica, and played to hundreds of thousands more fans worldwide. I state this particular incident because it is fact, and it's documented - but I will not make up any false numbers and stats further just to drive home my point any more, as you do, Metfield.
As many U2 fans know, therefore maybe you don't know Metfield, U2 is in the 'book of world records for playing to most people in one year, during their Popmart tour - Metallica ain't there, and for obvious reasons.

- Nicholas

METFIELD said:

hehe you are loser,you know nothnig about metallica.

Name calling and personal attacks are not welcome here.

The topic of this forum is "The business side of U2: All the info you ever wanted to know about the sales and success on music charts of U2's albums around the world. "

This thread seems to have gone way off that topic so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom