Bomb sales in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeuk

War Child
In the news thread on the likely tour rehearsal venue, it quotes a Universal spokesman saying Bomb has sold 600k in Canada - maybe that's shipped rather than sold to consumers ?

Mike

I think that is most definatly shipped copies to the store but until i see a certification saying so from CRIA i take what these spokespeople say with a grain of salt. The album has been very consistant here which I expected it to be.

Roland of Gilead said:
Is a million possible by the end of the year? I have no idea.

I don't think so. Within december certification we know, that U2 have 4xplatinum. Maybe they're now at 5xplatinum. But the sales figures to the consumer are much lower, I assume at 300k+. First this gap has to be filled, before we reach bigger certification. And the weekly sales figures for HTDAAB in Canada are at the moment at ca. 4k! So it's a long way!

fitz said:

I don't think so. Within december certification we know, that U2 have 4xplatinum. Maybe they're now at 5xplatinum. But the sales figures to the consumer are much lower, I assume at 300k+. First this gap has to be filled, before we reach bigger certification. And the weekly sales figures for HTDAAB in Canada are at the moment at ca. 4k! So it's a long way!

How do you know the weekly sales figures are that low?

doctorwho said:

How do you know the weekly sales figures are that low?

It's just an estimation, but a few weeks ago the sales figures of the places 5 to 8 was only at 6k - 8k and U2 is not in Top Ten anymore.

Back
Top Bottom