Biggest selling artist this decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Hi there does anyone has any figures for the biggest selling artist this decade? U2 must of shifted about 25mill with 2 albums and 2 greatest hits so has any artist shifted more?

Yes Linkin Park are on about 40m

Hybrid Theory : ~16 m
Reanimation : ~3m
Meteora : ~10 m
Live In Texas : ~3 m
Collision Course : ~4m
Minutes To Midnight : 4,207,000 (Mediatraffic total to date)

Last edited:
Including back catalogue U2 are on at least 40m

ATYCLB : ~12m
Best Of 1990-00 : ~6m
HTDAAB : ~9m
18 Singles : ~4m
Back Catalogue : ~1.8m per year = ~14m

Total : ~45m

Last edited:
edge3 said:

so where would this put u2?

If we're looking at traditional studio albums, it's 30 million-ish to 21 million-ish. U2 could easily top LP with their next, um, LP.

yes indeed the decade aint over yet the next Lp i predict will be huge, hopefully not their swan song but with their track record success-wise this decade it looks set to be their abbey road/physical grafitti/sticky fingers etc.

(I put them in this company; because they are)

edge3 said:

Actually, I think HTDAAB is closer to 10M (maybe even 11M after all the awards it won, and the extended tour).

I'm not sure if the sales of the back catalog were that high each year, but hey, why not? ;)

doctorwho said:

Actually, I think HTDAAB is closer to 10M (maybe even 11M after all the awards it won, and the extended tour).

I'm not sure if the sales of the back catalog were that high each year, but hey, why not? ;)

Awesome, although I wonder how the next album will sell given the record industry has slowed to a trickle in recent years compared to the late 90s? I have friends that no longer buy music anymore including the latest U2 album. They either download it from the internet somehow or burn it to CD from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom