Biggest Grossing Tours Of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I give you guys the present of multiquote?

FFS, over HALF of Moggio's posts EVER are in this thread alone, and a not-insignificant fraction of Maoilbheannacht's are too.

The others being in that infamous Rush thread. :lol:

You two (ohcwutididthar) need to kiss and make up.

Says the boy with Mad U2 Disease.

:lol::lol::lol:

Holy fucking shit, people.

This post is on heavily strategized schedule for a Mad U2 Disease victim. So sad what 360 has started. LOL

Well, with 110 shows a piece, your claiming the Stones will hit $850 million and Madonna will hit $900 million.

That means an average gross per show of:

$7,727,273 for the Stones

$8,181,818 for Madonna

This means that Madonna's average gross is going to increase by 70% over her Sticky and Sweet Tour and the Stones average gross will nearly double over what they did on A Bigger Bang,

according to you!

ONCE AGAIN, I'm not going to play your stupid little games that involve lies, spins, manipulations, low-balling other artists' stats and blurring the lines in U2 favour, like YOU ALWAYS DO. I haven't avoided ANYTHING. I've KILLED just about each and every one of your "points"...and quite easily, I might add.

Your the only person on the planet that is claiming that Muse's album sales in South America Tripled since 2008. I'm looking for evidence to support that claim, but I can't find any.

You could say the figure is doubled or that its ten times as much, but there is no evidence for any of that at this point.

We do have photographic evidence that the Titanic sank, as well as eye witness testimony from the survivers, the life boats etc.
Submarines have even gone down to the titanic and there have been campaigns by groups of people to have it raised from the see floor, although the majority opinion is generally against doing that.

You obviously don't know anything how concert demand works.

I motherfucking do, bitch.

285,000 = 95,000 per night. :hmm: That beats Sao Paulo's average attendance of 89,000. Billboard said back in October when tickets went on sale that they were expecting 85,000 per night. We'll see I guess. If they end up performing to 285,000, that pushes the total 360 attendance to 5.85 million, and with another 1.2-1.4 million in the US and Canada, this tour will past 7 million in attendance as expected.

Sorry when i said Sao Paulo beating it, i was meaning beating it considering the capacity of Morumbi is smaller than Azteca. Morumbi's average attendance is better in that regards. Azteca should be over 110,000 not 95,000 per night. If the 285,000 is true, I wonder why the number isnt higher? at least its better than the first predicted 85,000 per night.

Says the boy with Mad U2 Disease.

This post is on heavily strategized schedule for a Mad U2 Disease victim. So sad what 360 has started. LOL

ONCE AGAIN, I'm not going to play your stupid little games that involve lies, spins, manipulations, low-balling other artists' stats and blurring the lines in U2 favour, like YOU ALWAYS DO. I haven't avoided ANYTHING. I've KILLED just about each and every one of your "points"...and quite easily, I might add.

You obviously don't know anything how concert demand works.

I motherfucking do, bitch.

:bow:

I predict this thread will go down with a mod-organised k.o. (closing of the thread) unless Moggio and Maoilbheannacht agree to a ceasefire for the sanity of this forum.

Hey just found the original post where MOGGIO made his FIRST LEG prediction for U2 360 in NORTH AMERICA. Guess what, it also has 2nd leg predictions for U2 360 in NORTH AMERICA.

So, here are MOGGIO's 2nd leg predictions for NORTH AMERICA:

This posting was from March 16, 2009 and can be found here:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...tadiums-in-the-usa-195179-13.html#post6003917

MOGGIO has some large Whoppers with his 2nd leg predictions. Check them out:

Salt Lake City - Rice Stadium (capacity - 47,000/ attendance - 26,000/ Gross - $1.7 million/$65)
Denver - Invesco Field (capacity - 75,000/ attendance - 57,000/ Gross - $3.7 million/$65)
Minneapolis - Metrodome (capacity - 64,000/ attendance - 34,000/ Gross - $2.2 million/$65)
St. Louis - Edward James Dome (capacity - 66,000/ attendance - 28,000/ Gross - $1.8 million/$65)
Pittsburgh - Heinz Field (capacity - 65,000/ attendance - 28,000/ Gross - $1.8 million/$65)

Its gonna be pretty funny to compare the REAL results this summer with MOGGIO's predictions for the 5 markets above! LOL

Plus remember, this prediction was made with full knowledge of how the 1st leg of 360 was being Scheduled, using "strategic scheduling". So MOGGIO can't be arguing this prediction was before Strategic Scheduling. LOL These predictions are almost as funny as MOGGIO's Dallas, Houston, Norman, Raleigh, and Charlotesville predictions from the first leg.

Also, MOGGIO predicts only a $90 million gross for the 2nd leg! LOL

The Minneapolis result is really funny because that show soldout in less than 1 hour on the initial ticket sales day!

:lol:

Now Maoil, you knew good and well he was going to try and spin this prediction with "Strategic scheduling" and "openers". He has been wrong on almost all of his initial predictions but somehow manages to come up with excuse after excuse.

The above predictions are why Moggio wont 1) Provide you with a show by show breakdown of a Stones "strategic" tour & 2) wont provide a breakdown of the gross that each opener brought in for all 360 shows.

People who lie and manipulate facts cannot deal in details, it actually holds them accountable for what they say.

You, me and others have posted quote after quote showing that Moggio has written something that has been proven wrong but he makes excuses for his predictions being failures. Remember, we all "cherry pick" quotes, hell, we have been accused of "cherry picking" so many quotes we pretty much have the whole damn tree by now!

Regardless, $90 over 22 shows is roughly $4 per show. Lets see how much U2 360 really brings in over their first 22 shows (or the last 22 shows for that matter). I also agree that we are going to get a lot of laughs from most of these predictions.
:happydance:

Well then explain it to everyone here so we can see how such a wild claim is possible. Why are you so scared to go into detail about something you claim to be so sure about? :wink:

It's not a "wild claim." The vast majority of my predictions have been dead on or close to. I'm just not up for playing your stupid little games. Not only that, but you don't even give a criteria percentage of fans that will travel to the markets that are hit. Also, you're utilizing the 360 tour schedule, as if The Stones would play the exact same markets on the exact same legs as U2 would, which is ABSURD. :lol:

This is all you have to know: The Stones would've easily grossed over $300 million on the UK/European legs of their A Bigger Bang tour, if it were heavily strategically scheduled. And NOTHING you can say will change the FACT that The Stones are still the largest drawing active band in the world.

You don't get it. Those things were already in play when you made your predictions. So you can't use that BS to explain away how wrong you were with the predictions.

NO. YOU DON'T GET IT. Of course HEAVY strategic scheduling and the choice of openers being utilized still comes into play. This is because a) no openers were announced yet and b) my prediction was based on the schedule that I made. So, if certain markets are played while others aren't on the actual schedule, OF COURSE THAT IS GOING TO ALTER HOW EACH SHOW DOES AND HENCE IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF STRATEGIC SCHEDULING. YOU KNOW THAT. :rolleyes:

LOL, it sure will, one thats way ahead of your prediction!

SLC is one of the few markets that was underbooked on the Vertigo tour.

Even if that were true, its not going to explain the huge gap between your prediction and the actual results.

It IS true and it WILL explain the difference.

There was no indication that U2 would not be playing Winnipeg at the time.

Wrong. There was NO indication that they would be playing there.

With the slow release of dates, sometimes as little as one per week, there would be no reason for Winnipeg fans to jump on the Minneapolis wagon the 1st day of sales which was one of the most rapid sellouts of the tour.

:lol: You have to be joking?! Of course there would be reason for many Winnipeg fans to buy tix for the Minneapolis show because there was NO show scheduled at the time!

But you didn't schedule a CHICAGO show, and the Chicago market has more of an impact on St. Louis than anything in Wisconsin. So no, you can't use that crap to try an escape the reality of how way off your prediction in St. Louis is going to be once the final results are released.

Give me a break. It still has an impact.

Even without an Ohio show, your estimate would still be south of what they actually will do in Pittsburgh.

Not by much. And that's because it's one year later than it would've been otherwise. So demand will have increased about 5% (half of that due to inflation and the other half due to accumulative album sales).

LOL, your prediction was for 22 shows, not 19! LOL :wink:

Wow! Big difference!

Excluding the Mexico City Shows, there are 22 shows scheduled for United States and Canada. You only had estimates for shows in the United States and Canada. Since the average gross will likely be about $6 million, thats a total gross of $132 million VS your estimate of $90 million. Essentially, U2 is going to GROSS 50% more than what you predicted they would on the 2nd leg for USA/Canada with exactly the same number of shows.

Where I scheduled shows for them vs. the markets THEY are actually playing, makes a difference and their openers' draw also makes a difference in your supposed total. :rolleyes:

It demonstrates the difference between what is fact and what is stretching. I post the factual stats, and then you post your explanation to stretch those facts in the direction YOU want them to go.

Nope. The blurring comes from YOU and only YOU. Also, YOU HAVE AGREED THAT STRATEGIC SCHEDULING HAS AN IMPACT, genius. :rolleyes:

ONCE AGAIN, U2's actual result from the first 360 tour North American leg ticket sales gross, is about 10% less than the overall result. I was only roughly $6 million off from that result mainly because my prediction was NOT made when U2 announced the openers for their shows. My prediction was made BEFORE ANY OPENERS WERE ANNOUNCED. You, on the other hand, were actually off by around $14 million. Why do you keep going over this?! :rolleyes:

Well, with 110 shows a piece, your claiming the Stones will hit $850 million and Madonna will hit $900 million.

That means an average gross per show of:

$7,727,273 for the Stones

$8,181,818 for Madonna

This means that Madonna's average gross is going to increase by 70% over her Sticky and Sweet Tour and the Stones average gross will nearly double over what they did on A Bigger Bang,

according to you!

NO, I'M CLAIMING WITH HEAVY STRATEGIC SCHEDULING, RELATIVELY STRONG OPENERS AND 110 DATES, BOTH TOURS ABOVE WILL DO THAT.

STOP MISQUOTING ME.
:doh:

Your the only person on the planet that is claiming that Muse's album sales in South America Tripled since 2008. I'm looking for evidence to support that claim, but I can't find any.

You could say the figure is doubled or that its ten times as much, but there is no evidence for any of that at this point.

Each day their overall album sales increase. Which means their draw increases. Because, AS YOU KNOW, that's how Muse's concert draw works.

South America is a HUGE rock market and I can't even think of ONE artist that does well in other parts of the world, that doesn't do just as well in South America, if not better. So, using other countries as examples is perfectly logical.

We do have photographic evidence that the Titanic sank, as well as eye witness testimony from the survivers, the life boats etc. :wink:
Submarines have even gone down to the titanic and there have been campaigns by groups of people to have it raised from the see floor, although the majority opinion is generally against doing that.

I said photographic evidence AT THAT POINT IN TIME, genius. Anyways, irony is obviously lost on you and you're missing the point completely.

:lol:

Now Maoil, you knew good and well he was going to try and spin this prediction with "Strategic scheduling" and "openers". He has been wrong on almost all of his initial predictions but somehow manages to come up with excuse after excuse.

The above predictions are why Moggio wont 1) Provide you with a show by show breakdown of a Stones "strategic" tour & 2) wont provide a breakdown of the gross that each opener brought in for all 360 shows.

People who lie and manipulate facts cannot deal in details, it actually holds them accountable for what they say.

You, me and others have posted quote after quote showing that Moggio has written something that has been proven wrong but he makes excuses for his predictions being failures. Remember, we all "cherry pick" quotes, hell, we have been accused of "cherry picking" so many quotes we pretty much have the whole damn tree by now!

Regardless, $90 over 22 shows is roughly $4 per show. Lets see how much U2 360 really brings in over their first 22 shows (or the last 22 shows for that matter). I also agree that we are going to get a lot of laughs from most of these predictions.
:happydance:

You're still ignoring my responses to your initial questions / garbage accusations and trying to extrapolate things you know NOTHING about, while using even more ridiculous info provided by Maoil as some kind of ammunition. Do you realize that when a major change of criteria occurs AFTER predictions are made, that that actually changes the results?

If not, then keep up your continuous ignorance! You're doing a fine job!
:applaud:

. I'm just not up for playing your stupid little games. Not only that, but you don't even give a criteria percentage of fans that will travel to the markets that are hit. Also, you're utilizing the 360 tour schedule, as if The Stones would play the exact same markets on the exact same legs as U2 would, which is ABSURD. :lol:

1. Its not a game, I'm just seeking a detailed explaination for how you arrived at over $300 million for the Stones in Europe. Why are you unwilling to share that information with the rest of the forum?

2. Do you need me to provide you with a criteria for the percentage of fans that would travel to the markets that are hit? I wouldn't think so since I assume you arrived at the $300 million figure by taking the time to carefully work the numbers for each market, right?

3. Well, you hold 360 out as the most heavily strategically scheduled tour in history, so why would it be absurd for the Stones or another artist to follow the same or at least similar schedule? What schedule did you use when you came up with the Stones $300 million PLUS figure for Europe?

NO, I'M CLAIMING WITH HEAVY STRATEGIC SCHEDULING, RELATIVELY STRONG OPENERS AND 110 DATES, BOTH TOURS ABOVE WILL DO THAT.

STOP MISQUOTING ME.
:doh:

1. Why would the Stones or Madonna knowingly choose to schedule a tour in a way that would make less money?

2. For The Stones and Madonna's openers, are you assuming they are contributing on average 10% to the overall gross?

ONCE AGAIN, Moggio, your custom text is a HUGE eyesore. YOU KNOW THAT. :rolleyes:

Moggio said:
You're still ignoring my responses to your initial questions / garbage accusations and trying to extrapolate things you know NOTHING about, while using even more ridiculous info provided by Maoil as some kind of ammunition. Do you realize that when a major change of criteria occurs AFTER predictions are made, that that actually changes the results?

If not, then keep up your continuous ignorance! You're doing a fine job! :applaud:

A "major change" after predictions? You made these predictions already knowing about the mythical effect of strategic scheduling. So are you now claiming that your $90 million prediction is going to be embarrassingly off based on openers alone? LOL

You STILL haven't provided a detailed breakdown of each U2 360 openers gross contribution by show, I wonder why you don't want to go into detail?

You still haven't listed in detail how the Stones will gross $300 million in Europe, other then stating "they just will"(your version of a factual statement).

I have to say that since your $90 million prediction was made after the initial US dates were announced, it's much more embarrassing then your $400 million over 100 date prediction. It is as if you are becoming more and more inaccurate as time goes by. Can't wait to see that $1.7 million gross from SLC either! LOL

You remind me of the Iraqi Information Minister who in 2002 while US tanks were within miles of Bagdad kept saying " there is no invasion. We are defeating the US" and then disappeared once those troops reached the capital. I wish someone would post a picture of him in honor of you.

By the way SLC has sold out it's GA tickets (again) and have sold close to 40,000 seat tickets. We are looking at a gross between $4-4.5 million.

robbrecon72 said:
By the way SLC has sold out it's GA tickets (again) and have sold close to 40,000 seat tickets. We are looking at a gross between $4-4.5 million.

What is the capacity? Figure 5-10k GA and if you say 40k seats, that would already be 45-50k with a few weeks to go.

Very impressive but keep in mind she played over 200 shows. She has a long way to go to get to Madonnas level.

Yeah it is 201 total dates I believe. If she continues the way she's going with her increasing fame, she'll easily knock out Madonna within probably 10-15 years (that's if she will be a lasting artist). I might be wrong, but I dont think she's a phase like Justin Bieber is. She's building a huge live fan base touring the way she is.

1. Its not a game, I'm just seeking a detailed explaination for how you arrived at over $300 million for the Stones in Europe. Why are you unwilling to share that information with the rest of the forum?

I've already answered that question. Have you read this thread? :rolleyes:

2. Do you need me to provide you with a criteria for the percentage of fans that would travel to the markets that are hit? I wouldn't think so since I assume you arrived at the $300 million figure by taking the time to carefully work the numbers for each market, right?

Right. And no, I don't need or want your criteria for the percentage of fans that would travel to the nearby markets that are hit because almost all of your estimations have been FAR off. In fact, the ONLY estimation of yours that has been somewhat close to accurate, was for the first 360 tour North American leg.

3. Well, you hold 360 out as the most heavily strategically scheduled tour in history, so why would it be absurd for the Stones or another artist to follow the same or at least similar schedule? What schedule did you use when you came up with the Stones $300 million PLUS figure for Europe?

But that's my point. They won't follow EXACTLY the same schedule. So, basing your heavily strategically scheduled Stones estimations for their next tour EXACTLY on the 360 tour legs on that continent is ABSURD. The Stones will have their own strategy and markets in place when they hit the road next time. Almost all of U2's shows on the 360 tour utilizing heavy strategic scheduling, includes a roughly 50% increase in gross. So, naturally, if The Stones were to utilize this type of scheduling on their next tour, that percentage of increase would basically be the same, since they're both similar draws in the UK/Europe overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom