Attendance at all PopMart shows - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Peeling off those Dollar Bills
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Actually, I researched this, and after much searching, I figured out the reason. Tickets had not yet gone on sale for the Indy show, so it wasn't because of low ticket sales. However, I'm sure it would have been a dud anyway. They didn't even sell out an arena show in Indy 4 years later... at least the seats behind the stage weren't put on sale.

The reason is because they had recent laid new astroturf on the football field, and they were concerned about how a concert would affect the new turf. So, the show was cancelled before anybody even bought a ticket. My mind is now at ease.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:16 AM
28, 29. Foxboro July 1-2, 1997 Foxboro Stadium 2 shows combined GROSS: $4,789,124 ATTENDANCE: 93,946

I was at the first Foxboro Show - and I couldn't believe how many empty seats - I had friends at the Tampa show - and they said it looked like there was 10k there - they were giving tickets away about the a week before the show.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #78
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Why was the show in Philadelphia at Franklin Field instead of Veterans Stadium?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:39 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
Why was the show in Philadelphia at Franklin Field instead of Veterans Stadium?
May have conflicted with a Phillies game. Franklin Field would actually have better sightlines for the stage setup.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Anybody know how poor ticket sales were for the 2nd show in Philly on June 9th. The first show sold out, so the 2nd was added, and then cancelled because initial sales were so low. I wonder what the cutoff was? Jacksonville had 14,000-ish and Tampa had 17,000-ish, but those shows still went ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek
Old 01-15-2016, 03:59 AM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
Anybody know how poor ticket sales were for the 2nd show in Philly on June 9th. The first show sold out, so the 2nd was added, and then cancelled because initial sales were so low. I wonder what the cutoff was? Jacksonville had 14,000-ish and Tampa had 17,000-ish, but those shows still went ahead.

I heard about 4,000.
But surely not...!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #82
The Fly

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Elevation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Man View Post
I started this thread because there seems to be quite a bit of disagreement on this board on how well (or how bad) U2 did on the PopMart tour in different parts of the world. So does anyone have a link to some reliable figures?
Yeh,, Oakland CA --saw twice (2.0) ushering and then// getting "cut" to party and enjoy the //show// -- in a martini,,lol,, all the rage back then. (ha!) so much orgasmic Unity --and then..

gotta go! Ciao.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 AM   #83
The Male

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra S View Post

Yeh,, Oakland CA --saw twice (2.0) ushering and then// getting "cut" to party and enjoy the //show// -- in a martini,,lol,, all the rage back then. (ha!) so much orgasmic Unity --and then..

gotta go! Ciao.
Vocaroo | Voice message

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #84
Babyface

Local Time: 08:16 AM
I was at Vancouver and the 30,000 is probably a good estimate. It was no where near full. Shame because it was a great tour imo. Are the numbers for tickets sold on this current tour available anywhere? Also, what does the average GA hold at a stadium? 6K?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonichka11 View Post
I was at Vancouver and the 30,000 is probably a good estimate. It was no where near full. Shame because it was a great tour imo. Are the numbers for tickets sold on this current tour available anywhere? Also, what does the average GA hold at a stadium? 6K?
I think Billboard release boxscores every Wednesday. I would look for them to release everything Vancouver - Dallas next week perhaps.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #86
Refugee

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonichka11 View Post
I think most US/Europe football pitches hold 10-12,000 GA. But those fields are tiny compared to the Aussie Rules football ovals... 20,000+ for GA!
Old 06-15-2017, 02:19 AM   #87
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post

Rolling Stone reported a figure of 4,000, but I'm sure it was higher than that. I purchased tickets for that show. It was cancelled 10 days later. I think their estimate when they cancelled was that they would not be able to reach 20,000 in ticket sales by show time. With a nearly 50,000 soldout show going to happen the following night, such a low selling show in a big city the night before was probably thought to be too embarrassing.