World series longshots? Any ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
I'm thinking of placing a bet on the World Series and I want to bet on a longshot - sort of like if I had bet on the Colorado Rockies last year. I actually want to make two bets...
Who will win the world series and who will win the playoffs
Anyone out there have any suggestions???

Tampa Bay (35/1), Oakland (28/1) and Atlanta (25/1) look like the best longshots to me.

According to Pythagoras, Oakland "should" be 25-17 right now and Atlanta 24-16.

Tampa Bay is right about where it should be, but 35/1 odds for a division leader is ridiculous, even if they play in the same division as Boston and New York.

Last edited:
Focus on a NL team...the AL will ultimately go to a team with low odds, probably Boston or Cleveland. The NL, even with the Mets landing Santana, is still much more wide open (like last year with Colorado making it to the WS)...don't be afraid to look at the young Marlins.

Hillary Clinton :)

I'm not sold on Oakland, at all, but Atlanta, TB, and even Florida are intriguing dark horses. You could probably get pretty good odds on TB even making the playoffs and that wouldn't surprise me much at all, the talent is certainly there.

Wow we all look like geniuses...too bad nobody said the Twins :wink:

Brewers baby!

Though, I'm not sure if they're technically a long shot since they're only 1/2 game out of the Wild Card spot.

We talkin 20 to win 700 if they win the WS?

Great opportunity to hedge with a bet on the Phils (assuming neither CS has a comeback from 3-1), if the Phils are a slight 'dog (which I assume they should be since the AL has home ice), you put say 300 to make 360 (if they were +120 for example) on Philly, you either clear 340 or 380 regardless...or you just let the play on the Devil Dogs ride.

Back
Top Bottom