Women's World Cup 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the other hand, although it is nice that Switzerland tries to string together a few passes, everyone on their side besides Bachmann sucks.

Wow an England team that fought back to tie!

But getting dangerously close to Extra Time...PK's...England...

Would like to see them win.

Ok, that might top Sawa's goal in the 2011 final as the finest I've seen in the WWC.

If Japan beat Netherlands, England will finish as a Top 3 UEFA team. Which UEFA uses to do their women's olympic qualifying.

But they aren't allowed to go to the Olympics, as the other federations won't allow them to go under the Great Britain name, London 2012 was a one-off with players from all 4 countries. So I guess it would go to Netherlands or Norway? They should have a playoff, but I guess it'd go to Goal Differential to figure out which finishes 4th. Unless NED shock Japan, then they'll qualify.

And what a great comeback by England. When's the last time that happened.

Last edited:
Really wish all these animated gifs would show the buildup to Bronze's goal. Jodie Taylor tries to dribble through the box, Norway shuts it down. Taylor tries a give and go with Jill Scott, Norway shuts it down. They lay the ball off to the streaking Bronze, boom.

While on the topic of England...USA are playing like the England men right now. One dimensional, not creative in the attack. Step it up.

While on the topic of England...USA are playing like the England men right now. One dimensional, not creative in the attack. Step it up.

I hate it too, but given the gulf in overall athleticism, it's probably close to the optimal strategy.

Colombia, your women's football team is bad and you should feel bad.

1999 rematch! China are better defensively than Colombia. Might challenge the goal a bit more, but probably not much more. Can definitely counter.

US can't rely on another red card though.

Colombia, your women's football team is bad and you should feel bad.

:up:

They were scrappy for a while, but realistically they had no chance. I didn't count or check, but I only recall Solo really stopping the ball twice.
Columbia frustrated the US a little, but that was about it.

I agree on the one-dimensional aspect of the USA women's offense, but really you only need only or two of those shots to go in the net to win, and they had plenty of attempts. And, they really pulled their punches once it was 2-0.

Not a great game, so yeah, win and move on.

Japan are just so good. Netherlands trying to match their technical play, but can't get as many shots off and Japan steals it away too much.

Probably in a few years, Oranje.

If Japan beat Netherlands, England will finish as a Top 3 UEFA team. Which UEFA uses to do their women's olympic qualifying.

But they aren't allowed to go to the Olympics, as the other federations won't allow them to go under the Great Britain name, London 2012 was a one-off with players from all 4 countries. So I guess it would go to Netherlands or Norway? They should have a playoff, but I guess it'd go to Goal Differential to figure out which finishes 4th. Unless NED shock Japan, then they'll qualify.

And what a great comeback by England. When's the last time that happened.

There will be a playoff between the four EU countries that stranded this round. :)

ANd shame, the Dutch are out without ever playing a match on a non ungodly hour. :( Have only seen the highlights. But Japan was obviously a size too big.

Japan was killing it. Well played. Sad I couldn't see the match against Oranje either. Ah well.
Where used to not ever winning world cups :wink:

The dutch will be quite good soon, you can see it. Japan were just too experienced. I do hope they or Switzerland win that olympic tournament. And then they hose the 2017 Euro.

Japan's second goal was outstanding. https://youtu.be/8kwpxthBF6g?t=1m12s

Sakaguchi and Michelle Betos deserve Puskas nods. If you didn't see Betos, she's a Portland Thorns goalie who scored a diving header on the last play of the game from a corner kick to tie it.

Last edited:
No shit , they slaughtered us. Their offense is insane. :drool: All in for Japan winning this cup. Or at least playing the finals.

Germany deserve to lose just because every time I see Dzsenifer Marozsan's name, I think she's Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Back
Top Bottom