Women's World Cup 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:grumpy: Just heard I have to get up really early tomorrow, so no chance of getting to see tonight's match either. Just hope they advance to the next round so I can see at least one match of the entire WC! :lol:

Interesting games yesterday. I wish I had been able to catch one.

Driving up to Winnipeg within the hour. :hyper: Hope the border isn't too bad. :doh:

Nigeria looking gassed, Australia should be able to hold onto the 2 goal lead. Don't think NGA has a deep bench. And one of their starters will be banned from the next match for that dirty elbow.

USA win or tie tonight, they could rest some players and bring in some like Boxx, Rampone, Rodriguez against Nigeria.

Massive win for Australia - back on par on goal difference, which is a good position to be in it comes down to best 3rd place getters.

It'd be nice to see the USA slaughter Sweden next - wishful thinking perhaps, but you never know. Huge match, rank 2 vs 5.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Bleh.

At least the USA back line (particularly Julie Johnston) is playing well, which is nice to see after they sprung leaks all over the place during the 2011 knockout stage.

I have no idea how that Japanese forward dummied a long cross from in between two defenders, but she did.

Nigeria surely won't get a point off the States, so a draw against Sweden should be enough.

Fuck, some South American women are ordinary at football. Argentina are usually woeful, and this year Ecuador have conceded 16 goals in their two matches. I shudder at the the thought of what the Champions could do to them in the next game

Bleh.

At least the USA back line (particularly Julie Johnston) is playing well, which is nice to see after they sprung leaks all over the place during the 2011 knockout stage.

Amy Rodriguez play well for her limited time on the field.

I wish we had taken more shots from farther out. I don't think the USA tested Sweden's goalie much. I thought #10 Sofia Jakobsson should have gotten player of the game. She messed with us throughout the game at both ends even if she didn't score.

YES! Start Tobin Heath against Nigeria! :up::up::up:

Massive win for Australia - back on par on goal difference, which is a good position to be in it comes down to best 3rd place getters.

It'd be nice to see the USA slaughter Sweden next - wishful thinking perhaps, but you never know. Huge match, rank 2 vs 5.

Nice game for Australia--really played well as a team.

Nigeria has some great players, but the best I can figure is that they aren't well coached. Their set plays are terrible, and they don't use the whole field well.

Still, I don't think the USA should overlook them, even if they don't need the win.

Colombia scored 2 goals on 3 shots on goal to beat France. (though got away with an obvious handball).

Mexico look much improved also. Costa Rica doing well, Cameroon are entertaining, South Korea are pretty solid. Thailand got a win (though they probably won't have fun against Germany.) Switzerland are firepower.

Regardless of Ecuador getting blasted, it was perfect timing to move to 24 teams.

Due to the tie with Canada the Dutch women still have a chance at advancing to the next round. :D Let's hope those matches will be in a better timezone so I can actually watch a match.

The Matildas each got paid $500 for winning through to the round of 16.

The Socceroos each got paid $6500 for beating #177 ranked Kyrgyzstan in a WC qualifier last night.

Aww yiss, advanced. Up vs Germany or Japan next. I hope Germany, both since they're our rivals forever and because I would actually be able to watch that match! (10PM opposed to 3am for japan).

And yea, there is still a huge difference between male and female football. But it's getting somewhere. :) I reckon in a couple of years, it's going to get much, much bigger.

Aww yiss, advanced. Up vs Germany or Japan next. I hope Germany, both since they're our rivals forever and because I would actually be able to watch that match! (10PM opposed to 3am for japan).

And yea, there is still a huge difference between male and female football. But it's getting somewhere. :) I reckon in a couple of years, it's going to get much, much bigger.

All though the quality of the women's game is greatly improving, it will never ever eclipse the men's tournaments.

Oh with the next two being in Russia & Qatar (during the NFL playoff race?!?) it certainly will eclipse them for me.

Okay, it'll be about equal. But i'll feel much better about supporting the Women's ones.

Lots of interesting matchups. Wonder how Colombia's backup goalie is?

Very nice volleyed cross to a volleyed shot for a goal by China.

2003 final rematch didn't go so well for the '03 runner-up. Might there be another final rematch on our hands? Circa 1999 this time.

Would hope it ends similarly for China as it did Sweden if so.

The better team won, great for the Matildas. More clinical and creative than Brazil. Fully deserved.

Will probably take on Champions Japan next. Might be too tough an ask?

Back
Top Bottom