Women's (and if we really need to...Men's) Roller Derby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
I don't care if anyone responds to this thread because I LOVE Women's Roller Derby. The rebirth of the sport over the last several years has been awesome. I don't know if this phenomenon extends past the U.S. borders. If so, excellent.

Anyway, if you haven't been to a bout, give it a try. It's usually a fun atmosphere regardless of whether you understand the sport, but when you do know the rules and what to watch for, it is an exciting and entertaining sport with real skill involved.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that the women wear tight and little clothing and choose funny names. It's campy as hell.

Home - Women’s Flat Track Derby Association

: Minnesota RollerGirls : Flat-track, skater-owned roller derby in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota.

MNRollerGirls1b.jpg

^Not a great pic, but I'm going again Saturday, so hopefully I can get some better ones.

I saw Whip It recently on HBO. Awesome movie! :hyper:

Ellen Page and Kristen Wiig were great.

I think many derby associations' seasons are coming to an end, but it is a fun time to go see a bout.

We're spoiled in Minnesota with two leagues: The Minnesota Roller Girls (St. Paul) and The North Star Roller Girls (Minneapolis). Each league has 4 teams. This weekend, The MNRG all-star team is taking on Washington DC's all-stars.

Here's a sample roster from the NSRG team The Banger Sisters:

Name - Number
Smooth Criminal - 15
Katarina Hit - 1300
Stabby Kat - 245
Bossy Nova - 5678
DeadLila -6
Dixie Normiss - 30.48cm
F. Bang - 0
Grey Duck - 2
Minnie Assaultah - 651
Misa Ornery - 37
Mythbusty - M5
Ophelia Uplater - 1066
Pippi Van Whalen - 84
Pixie Punk - 77
rudebarb - 3.14
shE. Coli - O157
Sly Jinx - >9000
Suebacca - 73

(Dixie Normiss has a big fan club, needless to say.)

It's hard for me to keep track of what's going on with the point scoring and such in roller derby.

In all honesty if I really want to masturbate to vicious womens' spectator sports it's all about womens' field hockey.

For the record, I would like to note that I kept it relatively clean until Canadiens and Ian showed up.

WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL
(reg. and beach)...:drool::drool::drool:

Back
Top Bottom