Wimbledon 2010 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad n U 2

Blue Crack Addict
For anyone who's interested, Wimbledon starts today (or tonight as may be the case where I live) and all. May be overshadowed by the FIFA WC but who gives a damn.

Begin discussion.

Hopefully this is Cirstea's breakthrough tourny. Beat Schiavone at Eastborne and blew a match point before losing against Kuznetsova, so her form is alright..

And Federer drops first 2 sets of opening round match to Alejandro Falla (who?).
If he fails to rally that would be a monumental upset to say the least.

Bloody hell Falla was serving for the match at one point. I imagine Federer will probably go on to win from here.

This probably says more about me than it does about them, but, I really struggle to watch women's tennis due to the grunting/screaming. It kind of sucks, cos I really do like tennis, but, it's really fucking annoying.

Alright, Roddick's match is starting, good......

I still can't get over last year's Wimbledon final: Roddick v. Federer. I've never been more invested in a tennis match in my life (considering Andy's been my fave player since I was like 16, and his past struggles against Fed), and I've probably never seen a better match in my life. Fucking great stuff. Disappointing finish.

Roger's been such a huge roadblock in Roddick's career - let's hope someone upsets him so Andy can get that Wimbledon title he's been so close to claiming throughout his career.

I would prefer it, of course. But let's just make it a little easier for him and watch Federer get knocked out of the tournament early. I'd take it. And love it.

I can't help you there, GAF. I like Roddick a lot but there's no way I'm going to root against Federer. I'd rather see Andy beat him, frankly, if possible.

Federer hasn't really been the same for a while. For gods sakes he lost to a has-been in Lleyton Hewitt. Though I'd expect him to slowly creep back to his best going further into the tournament.

Federer vs Nadal 2008 is probably the greatest final i've seen in my lifetime. Sampras vs Agassi 10 years ago was pretty special too.

Wow, Stosur, French Open finalist to getting knocked out in 1R at Wimbledon.

Lets not overlook that Schiavone, French Open Champion, also got taken out in the first round at Wimby.

Yeah, that too, but you'd argue that Stosur had to redeem herself and push deep into Wimbledon.

Don't think we've had something like that for a long time, where the finalist and winner of a previous grand slam both got taken down in the first round of the next grand slam.

mahut (france) & isner (usa)...craziness

34 games each in the 5th set

wimbledon.jpg

heading to lunch here in a few. wonder if this will still be going on in an hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom