Wimbledon 2010 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roddick lost

WIMBLEDON, England — Last year's beaten finalist Andy Roddick has lost in five sets to the unseeded Yen-hsun Lu in the fourth round of Wimbledon.

The 26-year-old Lu of Taiwan won 4-6, 7-6 (3), 7-6 (4), 6-7 (5), 9-7 on Monday to reach the quarterfinals.

Lu converted his only break point in the final set to secure the victory over Roddick in four hours and 36 minutes.

Lu had previously never advanced beyond the second round at Wimbledon or the third round in any Grand Slam. He becomes the first Asian man to reach the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam since Japan's Shuzo Matsuoka at Wimbledon in 1995.

Fifth-seeded Roddick sent down 38 aces in defeat.

He hadn't looked great for most of the tourney.

Nadal fell down 5-0 in the first set, has rallied to 5-3.

Maybe Andy Murray will finally win this thing (assuming he gets by Paul Tsongas today).

:eek: Aside from the first round match, Federer looked more solid than Nadal in the other rounds.

I hope Nadal wins. :pray: Not only I want Nadal to win the whole tournament, but also because I want him to get his confidence back when playing against Soderling.

Would love a Berdych v. Murray final. It'd be refreshing to have neither Federer or Nadal up there.

^A part of me also wants to see that change, but the part of me that's Nadal's fan still wants him to reclaim the Wimbledon title...

I probably would be more upset if Nadal got through Murray but ended up losing to Berdych in the final than if he lost to Murray in the semi...

Goddamnit Berdych, I've lost count of how many times you've nailed the tape.

not sure who is to blame for the whole drop to the ground and roll around after you win a title like you've been shot, but i wish they would stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom