Wimbledon 2010 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isner was beyond wiped. He looked confused about where he was, at times. Wobbled on his feet at several points, looking like he was about to collapse, etc.. I am in awe of both of them. Mahut DOVE for an impossible point in like the Isner's 57th game, or something! And was playing with a blister! It was inspiring. Magnificent.

don't even care what you're watching . . . just stuck my head in to say :wave: how's the holiday :)
holiday is going well! staying at the Hilton in San Fran!
Obviously, too! For real, this is unbelievable. Nothing like this in all of sport. To suggest that it not be allowed to happen demonstrates a flagrant misunderstanding of the event.
but the tennis itself hasn't been all that good... no long rallies, no genius shots save for a couple of dives, Isner missing shots 2cm from his racket... it can't compare to that Rafa/Fed or Fed/Rod long five setters.

it got annoying to watch after a while because it was obvious no one was going to break serve.

Longer than a lot of cricket matches.
you do know they last for five days right? 10am - 6pm with breaks totalling a bit over an hour?

Holy shit, that's one crazy match, and it's not even finished? :ohmy:

The only way I could imagine such a score was if it was played as a tie-breaker, but I understand it wasn't?

Wow, just wow.

Isner was beyond wiped. He looked confused about where he was, at times.

I watched some of the last games on espn2 after work yesterday, and it struck me that Isner looked a lot more wiped out than Mahut was. And even during the interview after they suspended the match, Mahut looked like he was thoroughly enjoying the time, giving praises to Isner, etc. Isner, on the other hand, could barely form coherent words, he looked like he was ready to pass out.

It's gotta be pretty frustrating to him because he's the seeded player. Come on Isner, let's finish it off today!

not watching, but following it online.

both guys are easily holding their serve

64-64

62-62. So does the winner of this match have to play another match today?

Mahut is playing a doubles match. Not sure about Isner. But it was decided yesterday, I think it was, that the winner will NOT be made to play his second round match, today.

I missed out on this happening yesterday and turned on the tv just as it was starting up this morning. At first I thought it was a crazy tie-breaker, then I thought someone was asleep at the scoreboard...

Outrageous ace-fest :applaud:

aces:
mahut - 103
isner - 111

isner won the first point and i got a little excited, then mahut won the next 4

68-68

It's over!!!

Mahut...4-6-7-6-68
Isner.....6-3-6-7-70

USA! USA! USA!

Man. Wow. Kind of surprised that it ended like it did, but I'm not complaining. Mahut's head wasn't working right, with all that bum-rushing of the net. I cannot believe that really just happened, and I REALLY cannot believe that it actually ended.

So does the winner of this match have to play another match today?

No, he doesn't. Isner will now be playing De Bakker (a Dutchie), who's also relieved that he doesn't have to play today. His match yesterday ended in 16-14 in the 5th set. So while not the marathon of Isner-Mahut still not a quickie either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom