What, No Premier League Thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tottenham is a club that's just off the top tier that's trying to play with the big boys. That might be your go.

Only one problem with this though.

Bill-Simmons_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Other choices I'll throw out there are Everton and Fulham. They'll feature plenty on ESPN/Fox Soccer because of Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey, respectively. Skills-wise they're definitely a cut below Tottenham and Liverpool though, so watching them can be a little frustrating.

What team should I root for? I feel like every American male in their 20s now has decided to adopt an EPL team.

Other choices I'll throw out there are Everton and Fulham. They'll feature plenty on ESPN/Fox Soccer because of Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey, respectively. Skills-wise they're definitely a cut below Tottenham and Liverpool though, so watching them can be a little frustrating.

I like Speedracer's suggestions for you. Everton is like watching Philly teams of old. Good enough to avoid elimination, but endlessly frustrating to cheer for.

Also: West Ham. Their fans are the true "football hooligans" that have probably done things that would likely abhor an obnoxious Philly fan (sucking eyeballs out of sockets in fights seems a lot worse than throwing up on someone or throwing snowballs at Santa).

Dunno if anyone else is watching this Chelsea-Norwich match, but Didier Drogba is dead.

How does that even happen?

arsenal was playing a bit shorthanded, and the young defenders who came in as replacements just seemed clueless. some of the goals were brilliant... namely ashley young's and rooney's... but some of them towards the end just looked as if arsenal had simply given up. they also had a player sent off for the third time in three games.

me thinks a coaching change isn't too far off.

I was extremely surprised when I saw the score in the morning, couldn't believe my eyes but it's starting to make some sense.

arsenal was playing a bit shorthanded, and the young defenders who came in as replacements just seemed clueless. some of the goals were brilliant... namely ashley young's and rooney's... but some of them towards the end just looked as if arsenal had simply given up. they also had a player sent off for the third time in three games.

me thinks a coaching change isn't too far off.

OK...at first I figured this thread was a lark...now you've got to explain yourself...is the fiancee's new job EPL/soccer related...cause you suddenly have gone from a don't give a flying f*** about soccer guy to an expert.

I was extremely surprised when I saw the score in the morning, couldn't believe my eyes but it's starting to make some sense.

The Arse are in serious trouble. Does anyone know if they have picked up ANYONE in this transfer period? I think they'll drop out of the top 4 this year.

The Arse are in serious trouble. Does anyone know if they have picked up ANYONE in this transfer period? I think they'll drop out of the top 4 this year.

They made a lowball offer for Gary Cahill (center back for Bolton) which was summarily rejected. Not sure what else is in the works.

Hewson said:
OK...at first I figured this thread was a lark...now you've got to explain yourself...is the fiancee's new job EPL/soccer related...cause you suddenly have gone from a don't give a flying f*** about soccer guy to an expert.

That she's a former D1 soccer player and used to work for MLS has nothing to do with it... :shifty:

Honestly as I've wat he'd more soccer, yes due to the fiance', I've started appreciating the game a lot more, and have been a fan for the past few years... just now making that fandom public :wink:

How does that even happen?

When you have a young team as talented as Man United at the moment and a side like Arsenal who come to Old Trafford not expecting to defend then theres only one thing thats gonna happen. Carnage!

Great thing about this United team, half of it is English and an average age of 23. Can't win anything with kids!:D

I decided following Chelsea a little while back. I understand the "no Red Sox or Yankees" rule, but I want to watch EPL football and I was goddamned tired of watching Seattle teams lose, plus I have a friend that's followed them. I don't need spiritual bonus point by rooting for some delightfully plucky Tottenham/Everton team.

So I threw out Manchester teams as douchetard supreme, which left me with Arsenal and Chelsea as plausible choices.

Back
Top Bottom